No announcement yet.

A Boxing Reform Suggestion ; 13 rounds, instead of 12

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Boxing Reform Suggestion ; 13 rounds, instead of 12

It's just an idea, but it would bring less draws, less 115-114 cards or MD's. An odd number makes it mathematically harder to make a fight a draw.

Just putting the idea out there. Any thoughts?

I mean if you are purposing a 13 round fight you might as well purpose to bring back the 15 round ones for this same reason.

Comment

Yeah, might as well go back to 15 rounds. 13, 14, and 15 are the REAL championship rounds.

Comment

I agree...12 rounds has an inherent flaw. Never really understood why 12 was chosen and always wondered if it something as dumb as 13 being considered an unlucky number. A superstition in many countries to the point where the number is omitted in elevators, buildings, etc. That was all I can think, maybe someone else might know why 12 was the choice.
        Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 02-07-2013, 11:37 PM.

Comment

If they ever pursued this, they'd go with 11.

Comment

It should be 10 rounds. Just like 10 commandments.

Comment

I tell you what, if 15 rounders were around today we would really separate the men from the boys regarding who we would really consider a throwback fighter.

Cotto and DLH would be the first fighters who come to mind who couldn't hang with the yesteryear's throwback 15 round elites...

Comment

I would be all for it, there has been some great 12th rounds these past few years (prob cuz theyr going for broke) but im tired of these woulda/couda/shouda'S.

Comment

Why do people think 13 rounds would put a stop to draws?

You could easily get a score card that reads 123-123. ( One fighter wins 7 rounds but gets knocked down).

Comment

If a fight is a draw I'm in favor of an overtime round, anyone else feel the same? Could you imagine a PPV Championship fight going into an overtime round where both fighters know they have to put everything on the line for the W
                    Last edited by Southpawology; 02-08-2013, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X