No announcement yet.

Em Voted Best Rapper Alive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neils7147933 View Post
    And it was Vibe magazine, which I'm old enough to remember, was released pretty much just marketed to African Americans when it came out - I know it's more mainstream now, but still...this wasn't US Weekly or Rolling Stone -
    I agree, I take back what i said....it was a popularity contest but only to an extent. If it was an all out popularity contest then lil wayne would be the best rapper alive.

I do think the best rapper alive is nas, i dont even have eminem in my top 4. I would ghostface killah 2nd, jay-z 3rd, and ice cube 4th. If Eminems new cd is real good he can get back in my top 4, not that it matters. Im sure hes very happy with the results of vibe magazines vote, my top 4 doesnt mean anything to him. But again, i got no problem with eminem winning.

Comment

Em is ill but he's not Illmatic. Catch my drift?

Anyway though Em is one of the most talented guys to touch a mic. In terms of word play and song writing abilities. He's one of the slickest/comical writers to ever come into the game. People place too much emphasis on Encore ignoring the rest of his albums which are mostly filled with good to great material.

Comment

I think Em could possibly be the best freestyle battle rapper alive but not the best rapper alive. Call me crazy but I think Jay is the best rapper alive at this point but not by far. Game....not even close and I don't even know how he got in the competition. I think TI rips Game a new one but to each is own I'm not going by this crazy competition because for some reason I believe there is politics involved.

Comment

Black guy best golfer (and maybe 2nd best if you count Singh), white guys taking over R&B (thicke, Timberlake), black women taking over tennis (Williams sisters), white guys winning NBA MVPs (Nowitzki, Nash), black guy hosting a country version of American Idol (Cowboy Troy), black guy leading the Presidential polls, the best heavyweight boxers all white...

...Stereotypes are taking a major hit nowadays...
          Agreed wholeheartedly, you forgot to mention Darius Rucker crossing over into country and making hits.

Comment

he's light years better then wayne

Comment

I just mean he doesn't have to be recording to be "Best alive"

I'd say LL Cool J is the best alive, though he hasn't put out a classic album EVER...and I'd put Will Smith and Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem on that short list...and give different reasons for all of them.

I know we didn't used to disagree on everything...I'm just more unimpressed by the "new school" of rappers that get placed with the legends too quickly I think.... I don't buy the hype for Game, TI, OR Wayne...maybe I'm just getting older and crankier LOL

Respect for the Fresh Prince beyond his movies; you don't hear that alot nowadays.
              He is definitely, like him or not, a forefather of Hip Hop. I was never a big fan back in the day, but there were millions of people in hoods all over the country that were, and I hate how people try to rewrite Hip Hop history to suit their current visions of "cool". We have footage of Tupac dancing to him as a teenager, that should be enough to qualify him as "real Hip Hop" to new schoolers and others.

Two Best DJJJFP songs IMO.

Last edited by res; 10-10-2008, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                Respect for the Fresh Prince beyond his movies; you don't hear that alot nowadays.
                He is definitely, like him or not, a forefather of Hip Hop. I was never a big fan back in the day, but there were millions of people in hoods all over the country that were, and I hate how people try to rewrite Hip Hop history to suit their current visions of "cool". We have footage of Tupac dancing to him as a teenager, that should be enough to qualify him as "real Hip Hop" to new schoolers and others.

Two Best DJJJFP songs IMO.

I have to agree...I'm 32 and back in the day we use to listen to some pretty corny **** but nonetheless he was a pioneer of hip hop and whoever says he's not is full of ****. But one thing i'm glad for is that he gave up rappin' and started actin'!

Comment

But I don't agree that he is even close to one of the best rappers alive. Fresh Prince was not known for his rapping skills he was known for his punch lines. I agree that LL is one of the best rappers alive if you go back to his I'm Bad days or when he was battling Kool Moe D.

Comment

Working...
                  X