Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dunkin: Donaire to fight Rigo, Darchyinyan or Chris John in April

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to see him fight Rigondeaux at 122 then Chris John at 126.

Comment

• A.K.A, you're saying that Vic deserves a title shot on the strength of his resume at lower weights. He doesn't have a better 122lb resume than Rigo, and he doesn't have a piece of the puzzle (a title) to bargain with. Nonito should know better than to fight Vic again. If Darchinyan beat Rigondeaux, then I'd be more willing to see Donaire/Darchinyan 2, but not anytime before that.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 01-17-2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        A.K.A., you're saying that Vic deserves a title shot on the strength of his resume at lower weights. He doesn't have a better 122lb resume than Rigo, and he doesn't have a piece of the puzzle (a title) to bargain with. Nonito should know better than to fight Vic again. If Darchinyan beat Rigondeaux, then I'd be more willing to see Donaire/Darchinyan 2, but not anytime before that.
        That's actually a fight that I've been wanting for a while now. I was hoping for that fight over Rigo vs. Poonsawat.

But Donaire vs. Darchinyan 2 is silly. There's nothing else to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          A.K.A, you're saying that Vic deserves a title shot on the strength of his resume at lower weights. He doesn't have a better 122lb resume than Rigo, and he doesn't have a piece of the puzzle (a title) to bargain with. Nonito should know better than to fight Vic again. If Darchinyan beat Rigondeaux, then I'd be more willing to see Donaire/Darchinyan 2, but not anytime before that.
          I dont want him to fight Vic, I want him to fight Mares. I just can't see how a fight between Vic and Rigo is acceptable, but only Rigo deserves Donaire and not Vic. I'd choose Vic-Rigo over either vs Donaire honestly.

Comment

• Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
            I dont want him to fight Vic, I want him to fight Mares. I just can't see how a fight between Vic and Rigo is acceptable, but only Rigo deserves Donaire and not Vic. I'd choose Vic-Rigo over either vs Donaire honestly.
            Because I'm not analyzing both situations under the same lens. I would like for Rigo to get a couple fights against tough/durable opposition, and Vic fits the bill. I think Darchinyan gives many counter-punching opportunities and can get offensively irresponsible, so I'd side with Rigo in that fight. But it's still an acceptable match-up when you take Rigo's thin resume into consideration. Donaire has other options than Darchinyan right now, so that would amount to nothing more than him trying to pad his record. Vic should be a last resort for him.

Comment

• The problem is people have the mindset that fighters need to "deserve a shot to face Donaire", like he's a $40 million PPV fighter. He's nowhere close. What was so special about WV2 or Jeff Mathebula?

He needs to enhance his legacy too. And he does that by cleaning out divisions. And fact of the matter is, he would not have cleaned out 122 if he doesn't fight Rigo and Mares.

I don't see how you can be a fan of a fighter and not want him to clean out the best fighters in every division he's in.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                The problem is people have the mindset that fighters need to "deserve a shot to face Donaire", like he's a $40 million PPV fighter. He's nowhere close. What was so special about WV2 or Jeff Mathebula?

He needs to enhance his legacy too. And he does that by cleaning out divisions. And fact of the matter is, he would not have cleaned out 122 if he doesn't fight Rigo and Mares.

I don't see how you can be a fan of a fighter and not want him to clean out the best fighters in every division he's in.
                I think it was in the profile leading up to the WV2 fight where Rachel Donaire said (I'm paraphrasing here): "People think Nonito makes a million dollars per fight. He doesn't."

I agree, Donaire must fight all the champs in his division in order to cement his reputation. The notion that "Nonito would've crushed that can anyway" just doesn't cut it.
                Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 01-17-2013, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• AKA aka danceswithfire aka puga...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• All this talk about Rigo but what did Vazquez Jr do to earn his shot? What did Arce do to deserve his? Arce pussied out of a fight vs a prospect for christ sakes.

Comment

Working...
                    X