No announcement yet.

Barrera vs Tapia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrera vs Tapia

Just thought I would post this great fight in light of the passing of Tapia this weekend.

i remember after his loss against Medina, Johnny put together a nice string of wins heading into this fight...i was rooting for him to beat MAB but he was just abit too crafty....fun scrap to watch...i think i still have this on VHS

Comment

He and Paulie Ayala were too small for the big names at featherweight..also at that point Tapia was past it..wish he would have fought Mark Too Sharp Johnson, that would have been a treat

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        i remember after his loss against Medina, Johnny put together a nice string of wins heading into this fight...i was rooting for him to beat MAB but he was just abit too crafty....fun scrap to watch...i think i still have this on VHS

Shamefully I have not seen much of Tapia's fights in his prime. Never showed them here in the UK and it was the days before when they had fights up on the Internet.

Was surprised to see he was still fighting as late as last year.

If you can recommend me any other fights of his to watch it will be most appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Shamefully I have not seen much of Tapia's fights in his prime. Never showed them here in the UK and it was the days before when they had fights up on the Internet.

Was surprised to see he was still fighting as late as last year.

If you can recommend me any other fights of his to watch it will be most appreciated.

my bad..it was the Paulie Ayala fight that he lost...he beat Medina...check out the Ayala fights...those were good scraps

i'll check my tapes when i get home...i think i have about 6-7 fights from JT that i still watch every now and then

Comment

The Danny Romero fight was also a classic scrap that I enjoyed watching, the pride of Albuquerque was on the line for these two heated rivals...

Comment

Working...
            X