Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rejuvenated Pavlik Grateful For Changes In, Out of Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rejuvenated Pavlik Grateful For Changes In, Out of Ring

Kelly Pavlik was staring at the boxing equivalent of a death sentence last summer. The former lineal middleweight champion – with already two rehab stints to his name – abruptly pulled out of a Shobox headliner during fight week. The move left everyone involved high and dry – Showtime, promoter Top Rank, his opponent Daryl Cunningham and not to mention his hometown fans in Youngstown, Ohio.

[Click Here To Read More]

Glad to see him doing better. Hope he can regain his previous form.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
      9 out of 10 guys walking around the streets of the USA could beat Rosinsky. He is that bad. A club fighter maybe, but not worthy to carry Pavlik's underwear. Pavlik needs better competition than a part time hose carrier Rosinsky. Just a sad fight for Pavlik a huge mismatch like a boy beating on a girl.
      lol

alts / trolls

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
        9 out of 10 guys walking around the streets of the USA could beat Rosinsky. He is that bad. A club fighter maybe, but not worthy to carry Pavlik's underwear. Pavlik needs better competition than a part time hose carrier Rosinsky. Just a sad fight for Pavlik a huge mismatch like a boy beating on a girl.
        Bob needs Kelly so in the future he can get beat up by Chavez at 168 for a belt.

Comment

^^^ That White Knight fellow sure has a dislike for Rosinsky!LOL

Comment

I see some improvements in Kelly, most notably his body punching is way more pronounced. Balance is a bit better also and he seems to fight more instinctively when throwing punches with less predictability.

Now I also see less of his jab. His jab should still be used more than anything. He has to find a balance because he fights better at range.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              I see some improvements in Kelly, most notably his body punching is way more pronounced. Balance is a bit better also and he seems to fight more instinctively when throwing punches with less predictability.

Now I also see less of his jab. His jab should still be used more than anything. He has to find a balance because he fights better at range.

i do think he's been working on things in his recent pro fights. garcia probably convinced him that there's stuff he needs to learn and that there is still time to learn it. i'm sure if it's required he can still go out there and "double and triple that F#ckin jab!"

when his last opponent was on the end of a right hand he was getting hurt. kelly was letting him get close and throwing combinations and trying to be clever with them. i think if he were defending a world title and fighting for millions against that guy he would have still been able to throw 30-50 jabs per round and keep him at the end of his right hand.

that guy got close and it took kelly's power away, but it allowed him to work on things and get the rust off. physically kelly does look good. he's only 30.

Comment

Working...
              X