No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dmitry Pirog Eyes a Ring Return in March 2012 on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
    Talk to Dmitry maybe he can lend you his time machine and you edit your post seconds before me.
    Best Response EVER

Comment

About damn time! He needs to get his career back on track. I like that HBO is seriously investing in the middleweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
        make sure to give him an opponent he can look good against
        after that, let's see him fight Golovkin
        Martinez will be out healing injuries for a while and Chavez is in trouble
        these guys can make a bigger buzz for themselves in the meantime
        not expecting much excitement from Geale and Mundine
        who is Golovkin supposed to be fighting next anyway?
        HBO could just have Pirog-Golovkin in spring
        Martinez is fighting the number eight middle in the world this spring, then hopefully that lame no reason rematch will fall though cause Chavez wont test or accept fight outside of texas, there is a good chance Chavez will be suspended for a year, and he wont ever make it to 160 again, then it leaves Martinez open to fight anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          Ok I never knew pirog got injured so my fault...But what about before he got injured? Where was he?
          He was trying to make a fight on premium tv for a long time, Pirog Geale was pitched to HBO and SHO for new years 2012 for example. He wasn't getting anywhere with Greenburg, but once Hershman took over he was gonna get his chances. He's really done nothing since Jacobs, and not all of it is Greenburg's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            Ok I never knew pirog got injured so my fault...But what about before he got injured? Where was he?
            Busy fighting Ishida?

Comment

If Pirog wants to be on HBO then he should fight Golovkin.

Comment

anybody thinking it could be Sergio Martinez?

it's an "overseas" fight and I highly doubt HBO will air Pirog against a bum.

Martin Murray seems like Martinez's opponent but really?? we've been there and done that with Barker and Macklin.

Martinez has a March/April return and so does Pirog.. maybe I'm looking into this too much.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
                  anybody thinking it could be Sergio Martinez?

it's an "overseas" fight and I highly doubt HBO will air Pirog against a bum.

Martin Murray seems like Martinez's opponent but really?? we've been there and done that with Barker and Macklin.

Martinez has a March/April return and so does Pirog.. maybe I'm looking into this too much.
                  It's an interesting idea, props if it turns out that way. But like somebody said, most of the home crowd wouldn't know Murray from Pirog, in fact only Murray is a "world champ". HBO pretty much has to go along with it since they're building up the Chavez rematch, which will be ppv.

Edit: I misread, Pirog fighting overseas on HBO?! You might be onto something, hard to see other options
                  Last edited by HeroBando; 11-27-2012, 12:04 AM.

Comment

For fcuk sakes. Why March? Was his injury even that bad?

Why isn't he calling for Golovkin again? 20 fights, age 32. SMH

Comment

Any proof of that back injury yet ? I'm sure he'll never EVER pronounce GGG's name again, the latter should just call him out again and offer him a title shot (which I'm sure would be on HBO), just to embarrass him a little bit more.

Comment

Working...
                      X