No announcement yet.

Golovkin plans to go down to 154 lbs soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    He should stay put. The money is leaving that division. Canelo will be moving up soon and Floyd will be moving down
    I agree with this he needs to stay put, win or lose canelo will be a mw soon and if ggg destroys macklin he should collect all the belts and wait for canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      He should stay at 160. He's been working his way to the top and is nearly there provided he wins tomorrow. If he drops to 154 he has to start all over.
      Exactly what I was thinking. Besides there are good boys at 160 for him to keep beating on and keep making good money. Mayweather is unreachable for him, Floyd would just move back to 147 where he really belongs.

Comment

It makes no sense for him to go to 154, all the champs & great fighters are GB/shotime fighters, GGG has a contract for hbo so unless he plans to viod it & jump to SHO. I doubt he does it, he should stay at 160 & if he can't get Martinez or Murray then move up & challengthe 168lbs.

Comment

middleweight is the prestige decision and i'm always wary about fighters dropping weight. unless he can get a mayweather or alvarez pay day, which i doubt, he should stay put.
          Last edited by NEETzsche; 06-28-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

If this is true.....

If he really is moving to 154 soon then he will absolutely steam roll that division.
            No way in hell the p4p king would get in with him. As much as a huge fan i am of Miguel Cotto his prime ended a while ago 140-147lbs and he's almost done so just looking for paydays. I don't really see the logic in this move. Other than Mayweather or Canelo if he wins. The best fights for GGG are at MW and SMW. Especially when 2 of the top 5 p4p fighters are in those weight classes ( Martinez and Ward)

Comment

Nobody at 154 wants to fight Martinez they would fight GGG?

Comment

Honestly I could see him moving up to 168 and giving guys a go . He'd pound Stieglitz IMO

154 is just a bad idea he fights for HBO and all the money guys there are with Showtime.

Comment

why he hasn't been fighting at 154 if he had it within himself to do so is beyond me.

i wouldn't want to see a cotto fight. he'd ktfo cotto in a round.

Comment

Golovkin would brutalise Cotto and Mayweather. Canelo would have a shot due to his power but I'd expect him to lose too.

Comment

I think he should stay put, the middleweights are getting hot and canelo will probably be moving up soon and floyd would rather face a firing squad than get in the ring with GGG. And poor cotto do we really wanna see him getting ass raped and turned into the latest good boy?

Comment

Working...
                      X