Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rios wants Gamboa to move up? Why doesnt Rios move up to fight his rival Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rios wants Gamboa to move up? Why doesnt Rios move up to fight his rival Ortiz?

I keep hearing chatter about Gamboa vs Rios and how fans are excited to see the match but in reality those 2 fighters vs each other is pointless and seems suspect by Arum. Why hasn't he been in a rush to make Gamboa vs Lopez and if Rios is such a bad ass why doesnt he move up 2 weight classes (just as gamboa is doing) to challenge his real life rival Victor Ortiz? Rios said he would fight Ortiz @147lbs..

Rios says in this video below that he would fight him @147lb

Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 03-05-2012, 06:09 PM. Reason: typo in the title, please edit/change

I don't know if you know this but Gamboa called Rios out and now Gamboa seems hesitant to face a Rios who would have most likely been weight drained.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
        I don't know if you know this but Gamboa called Rios out and now Gamboa seems hesitant to face a Rios who would have most likely been weight drained.
        These facts ate why this tread fails.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
          yes I'm aware of that.....so if Donaire called out Rios should he accept? Fighters call out fighters all the time.

Again i ask, as a fighter why doesnt Rios move up and fight his rival?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            These facts ate why this tread fails.
            Because i asked why Rios doesnt fight his rival who he has a history with, the thread fails?

Fighters call out fighters all the time.....what does that have to do with Rios moving up fighting Ortiz? Lets talk boxing here man

Comment

Rios doesn't want **** it was Gamboa who called Rios out get ur facts straight.

Incidentally I would like to see Rios and Ortiz fight that would be tight.

Comment

Comment

Ah, Yuri asked for the fight. Everything was agreed and signed.

Obviously the reasons aren't known to us yet, but at this time it's very much on Yuri. As for Ortiz, Rios seems like he has the stones to fight anyone so I wouldn't be surprised if he did at some stage.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                    Rios doesn't want **** it was Gamboa who called Rios out get ur facts straight.

Incidentally I would like to see Rios and Ortiz fight that would be tight.
                    Gamboa called out Lopez, Martinez called out Pac so what?....fighters call fighters out all the time.

My point is not who called who out but if Rios is tough, why is he accepting the challenge from the smaller guy? Why doesnt he move up and fight his rival?

Comment

Working...
                    X