Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wins: Canelo right now vs 20 year old Fernando Vargas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fernando Vargas for sure.

Comment

Vargas..... I'm not sure who was his promoter or management team @ the time but they probably did the worst job possible nourishing his talent throwing him in the ring with prime Tito when Vargas was only in his early twenties.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
        Feroz.

At the same time Fernando was one of the most wasted talents of all time. He was incredible in that ring at that age. Then he got thrown in with Trinidad and that all ended in one night.

Canelo isn't in the same league as Fernando was IMO.
        I agree all the way. Vargas to fast and strong for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by vErDuGo View Post
          vargas would destroy the white boy.
          And then a white boy knocks you out and posts it on youtube and 10 other websites.

Be careful what you say, karma is a b1tch

Comment

Vargas and it's not even close in my opinion. If I'm not mistaken around this age Vargas was already fighting and beating world class opponents.

Comment

I got to go with Vargas to, he was a great talent who burnt out way to early.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                Vargas..... I'm not sure who was his promoter or management team @ the time but they probably did the worst job possible nourishing his talent throwing him in the ring with prime Tito when Vargas was only in his early twenties.
                Co-Sign.

And this is the very reason why i laugh or shake my head when i see guys on this forum posting about prospects who "Dont fight anybody" or "He sucks look at his resume" , "FIGHT SOMEBODY!" and the guy is 20-23 years old with loads of talent but needs to be groomed, next thing u know the guy gets mentally destroyed and then the same people who yelled "Fight Somebody" are the same ones that end up saying "Hey what happen to so and so?" or "Man he got rushed they should have took there time with him"...

Comment

I think Canelo has a bit more technical skill, but Vargas had that extra gear to finish people off.

Canelo makes his combos extremely pretty, but doesn't close it out. Vargas would have had Rhodes out of there last night within 6.

I guess Canelo's measured calmness is a quality trait, but El Feroz just had a tenacity in him that lesser opponents wouldn't last very long.

Comment

Vargas ****s him up, for 20 years old Vargas was a seasoned mature fighter.

Vargas could of gone onto BIG things if he hadn't been matched up real hard in his early career and been allowed to develop even further.

Comment

VARGAS would have destroyed Saul. The only reason Vargas is not a force today is because he was rushed. People have got to understand that boxing is a very complicated sport. Its not like MMA,at all. In boxing You really have to work on perfecting everything, like footwork, head movement, Blocking, slipping, rolling, catching punches and picking them off. Stamina and speed, also heart, wich is nothing more than self belief. It takes time for a fighter to master or just be at 60% in all areas. Vargas was all blood and guts, but he had talent that could have catapult him to p4p status had they not rushed him. He wa not your typical hispanic fighter. He was more American in his style like delahoya. Boxing was his gift, but he never was allowed the time ti mature as a complete boxer and reach his maximum potential.

Comment

Working...
                      X