Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Cus D'Amato compare to the trainers of today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Cus D'Amato compare to the trainers of today?

Where do you rank Cus all-time?

How would you compare him to the great trainers of today?

Goosen, Roach, Nazim, The Mayweathers, Nacho, Steward, Atlas.

He will be in the level of Roach, Stweard, and Nacho IMO.

All time, he's behind Futch, Goldman, and Arcel

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post

Say what now?

Comment

Cus was a different kinda coached he wanted to be more then a coach get to know his fighter... im not really prone on great coaches or really payed attention to history where there concerned.... i know names, but only Cus from Tyson documenaries etc.... He seemed hard but caring, compassionate but strict, i know alot of Stewards fighters dont listen to him... Also Roach is becoming a robot, Goosen trains who??, never heard of Arcel, etc... I know Dundee was good...

**** D'mato, Dundee, Steward... who wants to argue...

Comment

Isn't that a bit backwards shouldn't Cus D'Amato be in the companionships of Futch, Goldman, and Arcel. While Nacho, Steward, and Roach are a step behind them.

I mean Cus D'Amato trained two fighters who became world class champions from Olympics to inside the professional ring. He trained them since they were kids. Even Nacho, Steward, and Roach never attained anything like that all the popular boxers they train or had came to them all grown men or successful boxers.

Cus D'Amato was a trainer above all others and equal only to a few.

Comment

That seems backwards. Cus is "in the level" of Goldman, Eddie and Arcel.

And Roach, Nacho and Manny are behind those 4.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              Where do you rank Cus all-time?

How would you compare him to the great trainers of today?

Goosen, Roach, Nazim, The Mayweathers, Nacho, Steward, Atlas.

Hard to say man,so little fotage of cust in the corner when i have tons of footage of steward roach etc.

Comment

I put Futch over Cus only because the guys he made trainers are clearly better.

Comment

Nazim gives some of the best advice i have ever heard out of a corner man,but he is not motivational not one time did he smack Mosley in the face and say your fcking blowing it dude nah he is good when his fighters will is.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
                    Isn't that a bit backwards shouldn't Cus D'Amato be in the companionships of Futch, Goldman, and Arcel. While Nacho, Steward, and Roach are a step behind them.

I mean Cus D'Amato trained two fighters who became world class champions from Olympics to inside the professional ring. He trained them since they were kids. Even Nacho, Steward, and Roach never attained anything like that all the popular boxers they train or had came to them all grown men or successful boxers.

Cus D'Amato was a trainer above all others and equal only to a few.
                    Are you sure about? And, Cuz also trained Miguel Torres. Who was a good fighter. So he should get credit for that also not just for Patterson and Tyson.

However, how important was Rooney to Tyson success? Granted D'Mato was Rooney mentor. But, we're not going to give Futch credit for Pac are we?

But, OK Nacho trained Zaragosa HOF'er, the Marquez both will be in HOF, Lopez HOF'er. Who's was successful already when Nacho started training them?

Why is Cus ahead of Nacho? Just out of curiosity?

Would you put Cus' ahead of Dundee?

How is Cus' on the same level of Goldman, Futch, and Arcel?
                    is no way in hell Cus' is on the level of those 3 as a trainer.

Comment

Working...
                    X