No announcement yet.

your thoughts on cloud gaming...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your thoughts on cloud gaming...

it is in my opinion that sony's purchase of cloud gaming service provider gaikai is quite a significant step towards the future of gaming...

what are your thoughts about this? would you still rather have physical discs spinning inside a game console or you want your gaming done through a cloud service?

Cloud gaming. Is that like purchasing your games through a network? Please do tell

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
      Cloud gaming. Is that like purchasing your games through a network? Please do tell
      yup... and u get to play it anytime in any place where there is an internet connection through any device that is supported by the service... laptops, tablets, and smartphones...

Comment

Do not want.

You can't get the internet everywhere, some countries till have bandwith caps, servers are unreliable, devices are not compatible etc.

Plus many people still like to COLLECT games, not have them as files stored in the ether through use of trickery and black magic..

which is why we have things like....

Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 07-03-2012, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor-Odinson View Post
          Do not want.

You can't get the internet everywhere, some countries till have bandwith caps, servers are unreliable etc.
          thats the downside...

singapore is a pretty sophisticated country in terms of connectivity, but theres no such service like cloud gaming yet... so i haven't tried the thing... have you?

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
            thats the downside...

singapore is a pretty sophisticated country in terms of connectivity, but theres no such service like cloud gaming yet... so i haven't tried the thing... have you?
            no, but **** is already getting too complicated.

Every time i want to play on my 360 i have to download xbox live update, then i pop in mass effect 3 i have to sign up for the alliance news network, even though i signed up for cerberus network in mass effect 2. Then it says my email address is not valid, and then that user name is taken, and then i have to hop on my laptop and verify my account, and now theres a new update for mass effect 3 that i need to get..............

What happened to the days when i just slot in a cartridge and press the on button?

maybe i'm just turning into my dad

Comment

I think it's becoming more commonplace to pull things up with the convenience of the web. Comic books have begun to sell digitally for example. People no longer have to worry about poor lighting and the condition of ink and paper whilst reading from a kindle/ipad device. Movies and TV shows are much the same with the use netflix. So even though my nostalgiac heart is telling me CDs and cartridges have always been the way to go, my head is saying to me it's a new day. I'm open to the change.
              Last edited by Hyper Knuckles; 07-03-2012, 03:43 AM.

Comment

It's all about cloud services. They are the future, wether we want them or not, thats the way it's going.
                No internet = no fun.

Comment

from playing diablo 3 i found that not only not having access to internet but all the updates, hot fixes, and glitches that they have to install means you have internet, you purchased the game, but you still cant ****ing play it.

like there was that issue with the PSN network last year or something where it was down for weeks.

imagine if that was all your games that you couldnt play?

any system that allows for not having physical access to your game at anytime is a bad idea.
                  Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 07-03-2012, 04:38 AM.

Comment

I must admit I like some aspects of cloud services, but I HATE having my every move tracked and watched.

It's cool i don't have to worry about scratched CD'd anymore and that manufacturing prices will come down meaning its a bit cheaper for us (thats the theory anyway) it's great I can just come to your house and play all my games as long as you have the internet and I don't need to bring anything with me

It sucks that i can't resell my game and get some money back and it sucks that if my broadband is down that I can't do anything that relies on it (most cloud services NEED internet)....I also hate the fact every game I buy is tracked, every time I play it is tracked and who i play it with is tracked.

I don't like having a big E-footprint and cloud services will mean a bigger electronic footprint.(credit / bank details lying around on servers just waiting to be cracked)

Comment

Working...
                    X