Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Ricky Hatton go into the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
    he didnt? care to elaborate? ring magazine champ from 2005-2009 no?

And who did he beat when he reigned as "King" during 2005-2009?

Carlos Moussa and Juan Urango.... My god. What an impressive reign as the king.

Comment

A shoo-in as a hall of famer in 2 - 3 years.

Comment

I would say yes, in large part due to his dominance at 140lbs., he was undefeated there except for the KO loss to Pacquiao. He sparked Tszyu and Castillo in tremendous fashion.

Comment

stevemaxboxing Steve Kim on whether or not Hatton deserves to be in the HOF.
          @TheRealPhantom5 - IMO, no

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo Jojo View Post

And who did he beat when he reigned as "King" during 2005-2009?

Carlos Moussa and Juan Urango.... My god. What an impressive reign as the king.
            i didnt ask you who he beat. i stated that he ruled a division for 4 years, which he did! nobody was ranked higher than hatton at 140 for 4 years. so whos the idiot now?

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
              i didnt ask you who he beat. i stated that he ruled a division for 4 years, which he did! nobody was ranked higher than hatton at 140 for 4 years. so whos the idiot now?
              Think, goddamnit, think.

Why was he #1, in the first place? For beating Tszyu who was clearly not the same fighter anymore. His whole 2005-2009 ranking was based on that. Absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Think, goddamnit, think.

Why was he #1, in the first place? For beating Tszyu who was clearly not the same fighter anymore. His whole 2005-2009 ranking was based on that. Absolutely ridiculous.
                if you think you can be the number 1 for 4 years on the back of just 1 win then that says it all. anyway my only point was that he was the number 1 junior welterweight for 4 years which you said he wasnt.

Comment

No he doesn't. Beating an old injury plagued and inactive Tszyu does not make you a hall of famer. Tszyu who himself was overrated. Tszyu who was coming off wins against the killers known as Ben Tackie and Sharmba Mitchell.

Comment

Not complaining if he gets in. But I'm not sure if he should. He had a good run while he was around. He's best known for Kostya of course, then for his 2 losses, which were nothing to be ashamed of. He got a couple good wins as a champion but nothing too amazing.

Comment

He did not rule a division for 4 years, you idiot.

Look at Hatton, the mighty WBU champion. .
                      No way.

This guy was defending the friggin' WBU belt for many years against total bums. He got beat by Collazo and got totally annihilated by the P4P best boxers in the world. The only legit opponent he beat was, Paul Malignaggi.

Hatton doesn't deserve to get in the HOF.
                      I bet you just learned Ricky Hatton was the 140 Ring champion today and you're just trying to play it off now.

Let me ask you, do you think Kostya Tszyu deserves to be in the HOF? He was the 140 champion for 4 years and his best win was against Zab Judah, and his best name is a past prime JCC. He was beat by Phillips and Hatton. Hatton was beat by much better fighters in Mayweather and Pacquiao, two fighters considered top 50 ATG's by some historians. Can you tell me what is the shame in losing to two of the best top 50 fighters in history? The same guy you're dissing, wiped the floor with Tszyu and ruled the same division for the same amount of time. And Collazo did not beat Hatton.

Hatton is a former Ring & lineal 140 champ, former WBA 140 champion, former IBF 140 champ, former WBA 147 champ, and let me add he once held The Ring/Lineal/WBA/IBF titles all at once at 140.

But answer my question though, does Zoo belong in the HOF?

Comment

Working...
                      X