No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Life Begins at 4 0(Plus) For Amir Mansour

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Life Begins at 4 0(Plus) For Amir Mansour

By Jake Donovan - You’ll have to pardon Amir Mansour for his overload of confidence heading into this weekend’s showdown with Kelvin Price. The 42-year old heavyweight prospect – yes, you read that correctly – continues to make up for lost time, accepting any assignment thrown his way as he knows time isn’t exactly on his side.

It’s not often that a fighter whose pro debut came more than 16 years ago is still in the building stages of his career. The unbeaten Delaware native has led a rough life, which several stints in prison combining for nearly 17 years behind bars—or as he puts it, “almost half of my life.” [Click Here To Read More]

Wow......that sucks for cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Wow......that sucks for cunningham
      Especially considering the guy can box. Somebodies made a bad call here, it's disrespectful.

Nice little article though.

Comment

Dewey Bozella.. Sounds familiar, but hopefully this fighter can throw compared to Dewey who was probably dealt the wrong hand for his prison sentence. I'll be watching saturday

Comment

Saturday is going to be a full day of boxing I guess.

Comment

Deontay Wilder took out Kelvin Price in 3. Let's see how Mansour does.

Comment

This guy has intrigued me ever since he made "The Southern Disaster" not want to be in the ring with him when they fought.

I will be watching for sure, I like life redemption's that only boxing can provide.

EDIT: And that fool does kind of look like Marvelous Marvin
              Last edited by U_TALKING_2_ME?; 12-13-2013, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by john_uphold View Post
                Dewey Bozella.. Sounds familiar, but hopefully this fighter can throw compared to Dewey who was probably dealt the wrong hand for his prison sentence. I'll be watching saturday
                There;s a big difference between the two. Dewey was wrongfully imprisoned for half of his life, and able to be in the position for a single pro fight for the sake of realizing his dream.

Mansour was in prison for making a lot of the wrong choices, and now in his 40's is disciplined enough to still make a run at contention.

Comment

42 already? What a waste of his life... Good to see him fighting on tv but he has no margin for error. A loss & he's done...

Comment

Amir Mansour should be fighting Steve Cunningham on this card, that would be a meaningful matchup.

Kelvin Price is not a step up for Mansour, he's actually a step down from Dominick Guinn.

I'd like to see Glazkov-Mansour, Glazkov-Cunningham or Mansour-Cunningham on NBC next year.
                    Last edited by The Hammer; 12-13-2013, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X