No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr. Responds To Canelo's Career Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr. Responds To Canelo's Career Comments

During a recent interview, WBC super welterweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez said he was aiming to surpass the achievements of Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. - regarded as the greatest Mexican fighter of all-time and of the best boxers in history.

“I started younger than Chavez, I’ve achieved more things at my age and I’ve got a better grasp of boxing. He had great combinations, but I know more about boxing. I want to be better than Julio Cesar Chavez," Canelo said.

[Click Here To Read More]

Chavez Sr. fought 116 times - achieving 107 wins, 89 KO’s, two draws and six losses - and he was a six time world champion in three weight divisions. He’d gone 90 fights undefeated in thirteen years, when he lost to Frankie Randall. He still holds the record for the most title fights with 37, of which 31 were KO’s. He also holds the world record for the most consecutive defenses of world titles with 27.
    Canelo ain't beating that, even if he is younger... That's like saying Justin Beiber wants to out-sell Michael Jackson's Thriller album, not gonna happen in today's standard.

Comment

Canelo all you have to do make 28 title defense and you good.

Comment

Those are big #'s. Canelo is out of his mind!

Comment

chavez will never be touched!

Comment

It could happen but Chavez resume got a lot of good/great names. Just Camacho is better than any boxer Canelo has ever fought.

Comment

The Cinnamon Roll, seems to be getting ahead of Himself!!!

Comment

"alvarez hasn't fought anyone yet" - Chavez Sr.

"Chavez Sr don't know **** about boxing, Alvarez has fought the best and Floyd is ducking him" - pactarts.

Comment

No harm in being ambitious but he better start stepping his game up a notch.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                    Canelo all you have to do make 28 title defense and you good.
                    28 title defenses won't mean much if it's mostly against scrubs....

Comment

Working...
                    X