No announcement yet.

interesting match up bradley vs cotto @140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    I don't mean his effort levels, he was exposed technically by a fighter, who himself is not hugely technical. Pacquiao is not as fast or as busy as he was in his prime, Marquez a 37-38 year old fought a better fight against Pacquiao then Bradley did, that does not mean Marquez beats Cotto, or Bradley beats Cotto.

Bradley is a class act, inside and outside the ring. But he was exposed, he couldn't hit Pacquiao with ****, and he makes so many mistakes, and I stress at the elite level. That is why I would be worried.

Cotto is too consistent in what he does in the ring for Bradley, even someone like Holt, if he was more consistent he would have beat Bradley, all Bradley could do was jump on him, same with Alexander, he doesn't know how to set up his attacks, and against A level fighters that gets you exposed.

Because of his toughness, speed, and determination he is always there, and he has some skill, I thought it was a lot more before Pacquiao, I overestimated him to be honest, but trust me he will get exposed for the above reasons.

The reason for the insult is because you had the audacity to try and downplay Shanes qualities vs Bradley, when there level of competition has been leagues apart. Bradley is nowhere near the fighter Shane was even when he fought Cotto, I don't care how smart he is.
    Bradley was expose??How when he won the fight,and was not beating within a inch of his life as Cotto was and most who fought Pac was previously..Bradley showed he can control pace of the fight(the fight was not fought at Pac's pace not at all)he also showed he had very good defensive skill(which he never get's credit for,most thought Bradley was nothing more then Ricky Hatton with a tan)...Pac played it very safe in his fight with Bradley..Kept his hands up majority of the time,because Bradley is a very fast fighter..Pac knew he could not afford to be reckless..So many love to glance over the fact Pac did not fight his normal fight either,Bradley had a lot to do with that...

Bradley's plan was to always apply pressure to Holt..If ya watch that fight again and listen to the commentators they even said that was Bradley's plan from the door..Once again,control pace of the action,this time by fighting a faster pace..Bradley beat the breaks off of Holt and outside of the 2 knockdowns Holt did not win a rd..I love how this becomes what Holt did not do,instead of what Bradley did to render Holt ineffective...But I know saying Bradley's plan work is giving far to much credit to Bradley so let's just down play that shall we...

Cotto is not a consistent fighter,the biggest reason he is not/and should not be consider a consistent fighter is his stamina issues...He did not fight Mosley or Clottey or Pac the same way from rds 1 to 12..He was running in ever last one of the fights mentioned coming down the stretch...Cotto is a very good fighter,B+ or A kinda fighter..But there is no denying he has major flaws...I always here Bradley has looping punches that other fighters can take advantage of,yet who has done it??Who has beat Bradley because of the way he punches??I'll wait..I have seen Cotto lose because of his stamina issues,and even felt he could have lost to Mosley or Clottey because of the same issues..

There is never a reason for an insult homie..Unless I have insulted you(which I don't believe happened)..You have an opinion as I do,but to use insult's sometimes takes away from ya points and is flat out not called for..We are adults(I hope)and there is no need for it...

Smarts is something that is very important in boxing(your smart enough to know this)..While Mosley was very talented,he was never the smartest of fighters..Which is a big reason(even tho I felt this fight could have went either way)he lost to Cotto Wright and even Forest...IMO he was more talented then all three,but was not as smart as they were...Boxing is 80% mental bro..Being smart is what separates the good from the greats...Bradley's intel will take him a long way in the fight game,you better believe that bro...
    Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 10-13-2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      At 140lb Cotto would have been owned by Bradley...Bradley to good boxing ability and Cotto unable to take punches would have lead to Cotto's demise imo...Remember,Cotto beat nobody of note at 140lb and always showed to have a very weak chin at 140lb..

Oh and before I get the Bradley has no power comment..Go look at how many fighters were on the canvas that Bradley put there at 140lb...

Comment

Cotto destroys any and every version of Bradley at any weight. Cotto is just on another level, period!

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
          Cotto beat nobody noticeably at 140??
          How many times did Cotto unify at the weight??How many top 5 opponents did Cotto beat at the weight??Answer this,and you've answered ya own question...

Remember,we're talking 140lb...
          Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 10-13-2012, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by S@rgentKO View Post
            How many times did Cotto unify at the weight??How many top 5 opponents did Cotto beat at the weight??Answer this,and you've answered ya own question...

Here you go,same exact question for you...I can't wait to here the answer to this..LMAO..

Comment

Here you go,same exact question for you...I can't wait to here the answer to this..LMAO..
              Who has Bradley beat exactly?

Witter, Campbell, Alexander, and Peterson?

Cotto has beat Torres, Mosley, Judah, Bailey, Clottey, Quintana.

Bradley's best win (Alexander) will probably have a tough time beating one of Cotto's lesser wins in a prime Randall Bailey who's currently shot to hell.

In terms of quality of opposition and good wins, it isn't even close.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                Who has Bradley beat exactly?

Witter, Campbell, Alexander, and Peterson?

Cotto has beat Torres, Mosley, Judah, Bailey, Clottey, Quintana.

Bradley's best win (Alexander) will probably have a tough time beating one of Cotto's lesser wins in a prime Randall Bailey who's currently shot to hell.

In terms of quality of opposition and good wins, it isn't even close.
                LOL I thought we was talking about at 140lb..Well that's what I was talking about anyway..So let's look at that shall we..Witter Holt Alexander all three were top 5 opponents...Cotto has nothing like that at 140lb sorry..Don't wanna bash Cotto,he has a great resume(overall)no question about it...

Comment

Remember,we're talking 140lb...

LOL Cotto fought nobody at 140.TORRES,MALIGNAGGI,CORLEY,BAILEY?

You do know 2 of those fighters are current welterweight champs now?

Just because they weren't in the same era competing doesn't mean Bradley would of beaten Cotto.You must be one of those fans like allot of them on here who came in the aftermath of Cotto leaving the jr ww division.There's ABSOLUTELY nothing Bradley brings that Cotto hasn't seen and i mean that.Cotto was pure left hook body puncher, lighter on his feet with good boxing abilities.There's only one man who's solely outboxed Cotto for most rounds and that's Mayweather..No one else.And if so,i'd like you to tell me.Pacquiao and Margarito brought volume and pressure,something Bradley no matter how hard he tries could never have.

Cotto can take his time with Bradley and make it a chess match until he decides to open up.Im not saying its a walk in the park,but stylistically its a much easier fight.A chinny 140 Cotto version was troubled by pressure hard hitters, again something Bradley was never of and still isn't until today, don't let the Pacquiao robbery fool you.

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
                    LOL Cotto fought nobody at 140.TORRES,MALIGNAGGI,CORLEY,BAILEY?

You do know 2 of those fighters are current welterweight champs now?

Just because they weren't in the same era competing doesn't mean Bradley would of beaten Cotto.You must be one of those fans like allot of them on here who came in the aftermath of Cotto leaving the jr ww division.There's ABSOLUTELY nothing Bradley brings that Cotto hasn't seen and i mean that.Cotto was pure left hook body puncher, lighter on his feet with good boxing abilities.There's only one man who's solely outboxed Cotto for most rounds and that's Mayweather..No one else.And if so,i'd like you to tell me.Pacquiao and Margarito brought volume and pressure,something Bradley no matter how hard he tries could never have.

Cotto can take his time with Bradley and make it a chess match until he decides to open up.Im not saying its a walk in the park,but stylistically its a much easier fight.A chinny 140 Cotto version was troubled by pressure hard hitters, again something Bradley was never of and still isn't until today, don't let the Pacquiao robbery fool you.
                    Sounds easy enough...I've been watching boxing before Cotto was even relevant...I'll be watching after as well..You said I was bugging for saying Cotto has not had a win of note at 140lb...I see I was right...Like I ask(which you did not answer btw)how many times has Cotto unified at 140lb??How many top 5 fighters..Since you've been watching boxing for so long you should have the answer to that...

I don't care what those fighters are doing now,I'm talking about when he(Cotto)fought them...That is when it counts bro,that's what makes the note worthy...What was they doing when Cotto beat them..Paulie M and Bailey both beat guys very unproven for their belts..See what I'm saying fam...

Comment

Sounds easy enough...I've been watching boxing before Cotto was even relevant...I'll be watching after as well..You said I was bugging for saying Cotto has not had a win of note at 140lb...I see I was right...Like I ask(which you did not answer btw)how many times has Cotto unified at 140lb??How many top 5 fighters..Since you've been watching boxing for so long you should have the answer to that...

I don't care what those fighters are doing now,I'm talking about when he(Cotto)fought them...That is when it counts bro,that's what makes the note worthy...What was they doing when Cotto beat them..Paulie M and Bailey both beat guys very unproven for their belts..See what I'm saying fam...

Your weighing and emphasizing too much on a unified title.He unified against Kendall Holt a guy who is/was NEVER consistent.Hard puncher yes,but is he anything special to begin with? Witter the quitter?? A past prime Nate Campell?? The only credit i give to Bradley is Alexander, and even so i want completely sold on him but i gave him the benefit of the doubt.And Peterson...i just hope somebody shuts his career down.But your basing your analysis on how Bradley can beat Cotto by belts.Unified champs get beaten just like antibody else.Cotto had a short stay at 140,and IMO Hatton would of been regarded as a more dangerous fight had they met.The same way i believe Hatton would of made easy work out of Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                      X