Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could watch any fight that there us no footage of?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its got to be a harry greb fight against another fighter there is no footage of tiger flowers.
    Greb vs Tiger Flowers

Comment

It just has to be either Greb-Tunney I, or Robinson-Armstrong. Probably the former, since Armstrong was fading by the time he fought Robinson.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Zale-Graziano
        Pep-Saddler
        which of their fights Bat?

Comment

Langford and Walcotts 15 round "draw" or Burley vs Moore. Does anyone know why Greb was never filmed, surely he was very popular and famous at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by rubensonnny View Post
            Langford and Walcotts 15 round "draw" or Burley vs Moore. Does anyone know why Greb was never filmed, surely he was very popular and famous at the time?
            He was filmed but the footage corroded over time, Tiger Flowers was filmed too and there was actually a film made about his life which included some of his fights 1 of which was with Greb, that corroded too though.

There will be footage out there, just incredibly rare, BennyST said a while ago that he seen Greb vs Tunney, not sure if he was telling the truth but he is a reliable member.
            Last edited by NChristo; 12-07-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rubensonnny View Post
              Which one would it be?
              Archie Moore vs Ezzard Charles

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
                Its got to be a harry greb fight against another fighter there is no footage of tiger flowers.
                Greb vs Tiger Flowers
                I think Greb was shot by that point, but I would like to see one of his earlier fights, especially the one where he beat Tunney.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                  He was filmed but the footage corroded over time, Tiger Flowers was filmed too and there was actually a film made about his life which included some of his fights 1 of which was with Greb, that corroded too though.

There will be footage out there, just incredibly rare, BennyST said a while ago that he seen Greb vs Tunney, not sure if he was telling the truth but he is a reliable member.
                  i read that Quote by Benny ST that he watched Greb vs Tunney on TV and found it difficult to believe, however in the mid 1990s i had a satellite receiver which picked up a German channel DSF which showed a series each week that showed old fight-film footage of Armstrong, Canzoneri, Dempsey and most of the other great fighters from that era, i have never came across that footage so the chances are that Greb fight footage may well be out there.

Comment

To hard to pick one. But I'd love to see Greb vs Tunney I, Langford vs Walcott/Ketchel, Burley vs Moore, George Dixon vs Frank Erne III, Lamotta vs Robinson II.

Comment

Greb-Tunney I-V, Robinson-LaMotta I-V, the Jeanette-McVea 49 rounder, and any of Marvin Hagler's unfilmed fights (Monroe I, Finnegan I and II).

Comment

Working...
                      X