Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Calzaghe: A Good Fight, But I'd Beat Andre Ward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When u mention the greats joes name will not come up joe was good but not great ward has a fight but wins this one ward is an will b mentioned with the greats.

Comment

• Calzaghe fighting Ward would be like round 1 of Calzaghe-Hopkins until Calzaghe either quits, gets knocked out or takes a 12 round boxing clinic exposing his amateur sissy slap style.

Comment

• Joe would not have made it easy for Ward but Andre would win this fight comfortably.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
          Forgetting about RJJ? Calzaghe doesn't even come close to a prime 168 RJJ...
          Ward also adapts to whatever style he faces.
          joe schooled roy steroids jones.

Joe calzaghe is simply one of the greatest boxers ever....

Comment

• OMG WHY TALK when you NOT gonna fight

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Why didn't Joe give B-Hop a rematch?

Originally posted by B.A. Sherif View Post
              Only in Joe's and his blinker wearing fans wildest dreams this ever happen.
              Yep......

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              Forgetting about RJJ? Calzaghe doesn't even come close to a prime 168 RJJ...
              Ward also adapts to whatever style he faces.
              Roy didn't stay long enough @ 168 - used it as a stepping stone for 175.

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
              I agree with everything you said - people keep saying he beat fighters past their prime as you say he beat an undefeated prime fighter in Kessler who was then undefeated he also beat Lacey who then at the time was considered the best pound for pound and has never been the same since the beating he took from Joe and Bernard Hopkins look what he has accomplished since losing to Joe - if he did not do anything since Joe then that would be another story but that is not the case these fans say Calzaghe lost to Hopkins on their card are living in there own fantasy, if that was the case believe me no British fighter will get the nod in the States if the fight was that close it just does'nt happen the fact he got the decision menas he won by a bigger margin that these anti-calzaghe fans are saying.
              Originally posted by flushuppercut View Post
              What is he gonna say? Ward would beat my azz?
              if ur retired then dont run ur mouth about woulda-coulda
              unless ur gonna step up and put ur azz to the test IMO
              Exactly, he needs to STFU

Lennox lewis after the Haye fight said he could beat Wladimir - I did'nt hear anyone have a go at Lennox then - if asked the question why should'nt Joe answer.
              I guess I'm not anyone because I said that Lennox needed to STFU if he's not going to fight.

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
              This guy is the most unrespected undefeated champion that retired undefeated in boxing history. He doesn't beat Ward though.
              My sentiments exactly.

Why do you think that is - he is British Champ that won world titles in 2 weight divisions retired undefeated as a world champ for 10 years - beat Lacey who was the considered the best pound for pound in the States beat undefeated kessler won titles in both Super Middleweight and Light Heavyweight is well respected in the State and has a place in Boxing Hall of Fame in most countries they would be proud to have someone like that - so what is wrong with certain British Boxing Public - my feeling what I've gathered is the only people who have aproblem with Joe and will not give him is respect is the Froch supporters ask yourself why they are narrow minded and don't like it when Joe one of the greats tells them like it is - get over it Froch is not World Class and Joe is.
              I'm not a Froch fan & Joe isn't one of the greats, plain & simple.....

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
              Both Bika and Kessler said Calzaghe was better than Ward.
              Bika is garbage & Kessler's vexed that he lost......

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              You people are crazy, Joe dismantled a prime, undefeated Kessler and beat up on a younger Bika.....two of the 4 fighters that define Ward's entire legacy. What gets me is people saying Ward would adapt and "cruise" to a wide UD, LMAO.....Calzaghe was better than anyone I've ever seen (much, much better than Ward) at adapting mid-fight.

Ward hasn't done anything in a year and is setting himself up as a commentator as we speak, he's pretty much done with his career with 26 fights, Joe almost doubled that and won titles in two divisions plus traveled across the ocean to fight the big fights while Ward had everyone come here. Ward is highly overrated imo.
              C'mon man, seriously? Kessler is good, but not great. A younger Bika? You mean a severely raw Bika? You give him props for that?

Originally posted by SOPH~ REP. View Post
              OMG WHY TALK when you NOT gonna fight

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                joe schooled roy steroids jones.

Joe calzaghe is simply one of the greatest boxers ever....
                Please end ur life by the end of business today....foh.

Comment

• Ward would win a 116-112 type of decision against Calzaghe.

Comment

• Joe Calzaghe, based on his resume, probably doesn't even deserve to be in the HOF. His best wins are Hopkins, which was good by controversial to say the least, Lacy, Bika, and Kessler. I'm not sure getting about 4 good wins, than a bunch of no hopers for years gets you into the HOF.

Castillo and Corrales have better wins than Calzaghe overall.

Comment

• People that say Calzage "never fought anybody" are full of
                      si#t! Everyone is praising B Hop these days and seem to forget
                      the fake low blows he cried against Joe to buy time because
                      he simply couldn't hang with the blistering pace he established.
                      Calzage beat "the legend" so where do you rank Joe????
                      He is one of the greatest EVER

Comment

Working...
                      X