Collapse
No announcement yet.

asap rocky > kendrick lamar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, garbage is 2 Chainz. I'm just saying I don't see what the big deal is behind Lamar, that's all.

When he comes on the radio station I listen to his "drink it" song; I'm just saying after actually listening to this album I heard so much hype from, I just dont see what the big deal was.

Oh yea and it had nothing to do with youtube views lol

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      No, garbage is 2 Chainz. I'm just saying I don't see what the big deal is behind Lamar, that's all.

When he comes on the radio station I listen to his "drink it" song; I'm just saying after actually listening to this album I heard so much hype from, I just dont see what the big deal was.

i checked the ratings of his latest albums, its pretty well received..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

I don't know what you think about The Game, but i'm hearing a lot of kids saying Lamar is better. I like The Game a lot and think that is just an insult. Game is lyrically underrated.

If any west coast rapper should be getting hyped right now it's Schoolboy Q. But like always Hip Hop in contemporary society, the wrong guy gets the hype.

First time I heard Schoolboy was in ASAP Rocky's "Brand New Guy", I was blown away. At first it sounded like Jay-Z messing around with a new style of rap.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus Flower View Post
          i checked the ratings of his latest albums, its pretty well received..
          Aftermath/Interscope.

When you have good people around you, you'll get good reviews.

Rolling Stone has given worse ratings to better albums than this.

4 stars to Lamar's album?

But 3 stars to Stillmatic, God's Son...2 stars for It Was f-cking Written? Are you kidding me?

Bro, Nas is still great, but clearly fell off with Life Is Good. But he's now with Def Jam/Russell Simmons. Guess what, Life Is Good gets nearly 4 stars by Rolling Stones.

In other words for Rolling Stones...Life Is Good>It Was Written, Stillmatic, God's Son. And also, Good Kid Maad City is nearly on par with Illmatic, one of the top 3 greatest albums of all time. This is according to ratings.

Comment

I like both artists, probably Lamar more for his beats, both have some nice flows though.

Swimming Pools
            The Recipe
            Poetic justice
            ADHD
            Hol Up
            Rigamortis

Most of my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I don't know what you think about The Game, but i'm hearing a lot of kids saying Lamar is better. I like The Game a lot and think that is just an insult. Game is lyrically underrated.

If any west coast rapper should be getting hyped right now it's Schoolboy Q. But like always Hip Hop in contemporary society, the wrong guy gets the hype.

First time I heard Schoolboy was in ASAP Rocky's "Brand New Guy", I was blown away. At first it sounded like Jay-Z messing around with a new style of rap.
              You must not listen to TDE...that whole crew kills it. Kendrick, Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul (who I think is the best lyrically out of all of them), Jay Rock. Their **** together is sick.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Aftermath/Interscope.

When you have good people around you, you'll get good reviews.

Rolling Stone has given worse ratings to better albums than this.

4 stars to Lamar's album?

But 3 stars to Stillmatic, God's Son...2 stars for It Was f-cking Written? Are you kidding me?

Bro, Nas is still great, but clearly fell off with Life Is Good. But he's now with Def Jam/Russell Simmons. Guess what, Life Is Good gets nearly 4 stars by Rolling Stones.

In other words for Rolling Stones...Life Is Good>It Was Written, Stillmatic, God's Son. And also, Good Kid Maad City is nearly on par with Illmatic, one of the top 3 greatest albums of all time. This is according to ratings.
                who knows probably those critics gets bribed

Schoolboy Q i will check this guy out...

Comment

Haven't heard any songs by either guy. I never even heard about Asap Rocky until right now and only learned about Kendrick Lamar last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
                    Haven't heard any songs by either guy. I never even heard about Asap Rocky until right now and only learned about Kendrick Lamar last week.
                    ive heard about kendrick months ago but this asap rock just now.. theyre not wearing baggy pants...

Comment

Glove, no...don't like either of those, just Q.

Cutthroat, 3 of those songs you listed were some of the one's I listened to and resulted in me concluding that he is pretty average, nothing special. Different people, different tastes I guess.

Originally posted by Lotus Flower View Post
                      ive heard about kendrick months ago but this asap rock just now.. theyre not wearing baggy pants...
                      No rapper wears baggy pants anymore. Very rare, maybe the one's that stayed in the hood and never sold out to mainstream style of clothing like Beanie Siegel.

Comment

Working...
                      X