Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sactown Results: Jorge Linares Decisions Velazquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had Kamegai winning 6-4 but a draw isn't that horrendous a dec.

Kamegai has awful Defense stands right in front 0 headmovement but his offense is pretty good sharp puncher

Silva is a Mayorga wannbe silly antics fights in spurts but when he does it's all power

Comment

linares and khan are the same person right?

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
        Kamegai just got jobbed... but it's blatantly apparent he's not ready for the states.
        I thought he did enough for a decision. I think the judges were more impressed with the hard shots Silva landed compared to Kamegai's work rate.
        Yea Silva landed some hard punches, but it was too few to win at some times.

Comment

Linares did a decent job tonight. At least he didn't leave the ring looking like he got hit by a cheese grater. He blocked shots pretty well, but he needed to maintain a higher output. There were a couple rounds where he did too much moving and not enough punching. Hopefully he gets another fight real soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
            Linares doesn't use his jab coupled with his poor ring generalship he just wanders around stands fires and lets his oppnent get inside and close distance too easy

The fight to be targeted should be Burns
            I noticed the same thing. He was on the inside way too often knowing how vulnerable his face is to cuts. I feel like he wastes too much energy moving around sometimes but yet finds a way to let himself get caught inside somehow. Good news is his face wasn't a bloody mess and he mentioned about seeing a surgeon to get his **** fixed.
            Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
            I had Kamegai winning 6-4 but a draw isn't that horrendous a dec.

Kamegai has awful Defense stands right in front 0 headmovement but his offense is pretty good sharp puncher

Silva is a Mayorga wannbe silly antics fights in spurts but when he does it's all power
            You gave Silva 4 rounds? You're pretty generous. I thought he won the 1st and 6th round and could've given him 1 more if you wanted to be modest.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              I thought he did enough for a decision. I think the judges were more impressed with the hard shots Silva landed compared to Kamegai's work rate.
              Yea Silva landed some hard punches, but it was too few to win at some times.
              Good post. Silva did land some hard shots and drew some crowd reaction, even on punches that didn't land or were blocked. I thought Kamegai won pretty handily, but he's not making noise over here.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                I noticed the same thing. He was on the inside way too often knowing how vulnerable his face is to cuts. I feel like he wastes too much energy moving around sometimes but yet finds a way to let himself get caught inside somehow. Good news is his face wasn't a bloody mess and he mentioned about seeing a surgeon to get his **** fixed.

You gave Silva 4 rounds? You're pretty generous. I thought he won the 1st and 6th round and could've given him 1 more if you wanted to be modest.
                That's how I saw it. Kamegai landed a lot of leather and aside the first and I believe, the 7th [when he got rocked], I thought he controlled the fight and pushed the tempo when he felt like it. I mean, both of Silva's losses were by KO, guy couldn't get the job done so I don't think it's going to pan out in the states at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                  Good post. Silva did land some hard shots and drew some crowd reaction, even on punches that didn't land or were blocked. I thought Kamegai won pretty handily, but he's not making noise over here.
                  This is a fight for me were crowd reaction won the night. I give credit to Silva for rocking Kamegai multiple times in the rounds he won, but it wasn't enough to win the whole fight.
                  Kamegai kept the pace up and was landing more.
                  Kamegai's defense does need work though

Comment

I felt as if Kamegai won 8-2 or 7-3.... I was disappointed in him. At some moments he defense looked phenominal, at other times he was committing some serious no-no's in boxing. I hope he doesn't end up like Hozumi Hasegawa and becomes an amazing attacker, but an awful defender. If he fixes his defense and plants his feet a little better I think we've got a good fighter on our hands.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      linares and khan are the same person right?
                      was thinking exactly this. Linares is a weak volume puncher with subpar defense and quickness. Good for action, bad for wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X