No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Grachev Shakes Up Light Heavy Ranks With Sillakh KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Grachev Shakes Up Light Heavy Ranks With Sillakh KO

Seemingly having lost every round of the fight, 29-year old Russian Light Heavyweight Denis Grachev (12-0-1, 8 KO), fighting out of San Diego, California, turned a late rally in the seventh into a shocking eighth round stoppage of world-rated 27-year old Ismayl Sillakh (17-1, 14 KO) on Friday night at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, Texas.

[Click Here To Read More]

I honestly admit I thought Sillakh would win.

Good for Grachev.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAhCZhxaBPI

Another hypejob bites the dust!

Comment

holy ****, was nont expecting that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
          I honestly admit I thought Sillakh would win.

Good for Grachev.
          You're not the only one dude

Comment

I don't see much of a future in boxing for Grachev, very 1 dimensional fighter and looks amateurish. I'd favor Despaigne, Miranda, Chilemba, and a boat load of other fighters over him, Denis will get stopped or UD'd once he faces a b level fighter with a decent chin.

Comment

I love upsets

Comment

Personally I think the stoppage was a little to fast I hate to see a undefeated fighter not even get a count, Evans got laid out way worst and they counted for him, but Sillakh actually caught himself on the ropes and they stopped it, that was wrong...It reminds me of when Gomez fought Alvarez and they stopped it fast as hell when Alvarez hurt him.

Comment

Nice seeing the smirk wiped off of Sillack's face. Same with Evans who acted like Broner before Furtuna sent him home with a KO and his tail between his legs.

Comment

Originally posted by WitherGlove View Post
                    Personally I think the stoppage was a little to fast I hate to see a undefeated fighter not even get a count, Evans got laid out way worst and they counted for him, but Sillakh actually caught himself on the ropes and they stopped it, that was wrong...It reminds me of when Gomez fought Alvarez and they stopped it fast as hell when Alvarez hurt him.
                    The undercard fight should've been stopped after the first knockdown, too. He was done. No need to take more unnecessary punishment. With all the concerns over brain injuries, the trend will be more and more referees stopping fights at the first sign of damage, like with the Sillakh stoppage. That's my guess. Personally, I think that's a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X