No announcement yet.

Vernon Forrest return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vernon Forrest return

According to the boxing schedule I just printed, Vernon Forrest will be fighting on the undercard of the B-Hop-Taylor fight against someone named Sergio Rios. I'm not at all familiar with this guy..anybody ever seen him fight? It says his record is only 6-1, but I wonder if any of you have seen him and know if he possibly could be a problem for Vernon?

On another note, something so laughable, Christy Martin is supposed to fight again on July 30th against Lucia Rijker, on PPV!!! Sure, Jorge Arce is on the same card, but PPV??
    You guys hate female boxers anyway, but PPV..cant wait to hear this!

it's about time he returns. I would love to see him in there with Wright. forrest has great skills and was robbed in that last fight with Mayorga. what weight will he be fighting?

Comment

I've seen Rios. He fights all the time at the Shark Tank in San Jose. Pressure fighter, non-stop punching, limited skills. He has a lot of heart and his one loss was the result of a cut, but Forrest should not have any problem with him.

Comment

I gave up on Forrest a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreat1
          it's about time he returns. I would love to see him in there with Wright. forrest has great skills and was robbed in that last fight with Mayorga. what weight will he be fighting?
          I just double checked, and not a word about the wt. Everyone else listed on the card has the wt. there too, EXCEPT Vernon! I'm very glad to see him come back, and agree with you about the rematch with Mayorga. A match with Wright would be interesting, especially considering how good they both jab.

Comment

Originally posted by GOAT
            I've seen Rios. He fights all the time at the Shark Tank in San Jose. Pressure fighter, non-stop punching, limited skills. He has a lot of heart and his one loss was the result of a cut, but Forrest should not have any problem with him.
            good to know...if he's a pressure fighter Vernon will definately be using that jab of his. Hope he wins this in style, although I am a little put off that Rios has only had a few fights.

Comment

You should be very put off. This is a ridulous mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by GOAT
                You should be very put off. This is a ridulous mismatch.
                Yeah, it sure doesnt say good things about him confidence level. At first I hoped it was a misprint, but since you've seen him fight I'd say you would have pointed out that it wasnt accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by tracylee
                  I just double checked, and not a word about the wt. Everyone else listed on the card has the wt. there too, EXCEPT Vernon! I'm very glad to see him come back, and agree with you about the rematch with Mayorga. A match with Wright would be interesting, especially considering how good they both jab.
                  Should be jr. middle -- 154 lbs. That's Rios's weightclass.

Comment

Vernon fell down harder than bill foster.

Comment

Working...
                    X