Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweath r- Broner - Matinzez - Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward. Unless Mayweather was prime again, then there would be three humiliations waiting in the pipe.

Comment

We talking now, or all in their prime? If prime, I'd say Mayweather. Now Ward.

Serious lollage at those picking Martinez.

Comment

Mayweather is still a better fighter than Ward at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
          Mayweather is still a better fighter than Ward at this point.
          This is true. You don't have to kiss Mayweather's a$$ to understand greatness. Some people are born ahead of the field, just ask Lebron.

Comment

Ok. I'll play.

So if we were to hit these guys with a magic wand and make them all prime and pretty much the same size, with their attributes changing relative to their original size, it's gonna come down to brains and preparation because none will enjoy a big enough athletic advantage over the others to dominate like that. RJJ wasn't in the list.

Imo, that leaves PBF and Ward. That's a tough pick...Floyd maintains a small edge in speed that may be enough to get a controversial sd. On the other hand Ward is so sharp about dictating the terms of the fight that I have a hard time picking against him...

Nope that's as far as I can take it.

Flip a coin. Floyd or Andre.

Ask me again in 5 or 10 years so we can see what becomes of Broner( and to a lesser extent Ward) but for now, that's my $0.02

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
              It's not as simple as that.

It's not like Floyd's only chance of winning is his shoulder roll. You are right about his figuring out his opponent's favourite combination(s), but he is also capable of controlling distance, rhythm, tempo and angles (footwork). Jmm was forced to fight Floyd's fight, Hatton got so frustrated that he completely lost it.
              The Cotto fight was probably the worst version of Floyd I ever watched, but still, I wouldn't say that May couldn't figure out Cotto. His legs and reflexes are though deteriorated, I'll give you that.

As for Broner, he might be -that- good, but we don't know yet, in my opinion.
              I can somewhat agree with this comment.

Comment

Andre Ward, there's no way any of them keep him off them (unless corrupt Cortez or Luis Pabon is hired to do it for them).

Comment

Working...
                X