Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peņalosa challenges Rafael Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was under the impression that people thought that Barrera might give Pacquiao some trouble, too. Didn't happen, did it?

Comment

I haven't seen much of Penalosa but I have seen Marquez several times and unless he's a great boxer or has a cast iron chin I highly doubt he'll be able to stick around with Marquez for 12 rounds, also he might not be big enough to hang but if it happens we'll find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphon Hall
        I was under the impression that people thought that Barrera might give Pacquiao some trouble, too. Didn't happen, did it?
        MAB-MP was a different kind of story... manny was peaking then and he had his win streak before facing MAB... gerry, who's coming off non-sense fights (damn! i can't believe they made the last fight) after along lay-off is going to be given his retirement passport if he faces rafa now... he should take on other guys... rafa is on top of the world right now and id oubt that gerry will win against him...

Comment

Originally posted by air_keng
          MAB-MP was a different kind of story... manny was peaking then and he had his win streak before facing MAB... gerry, who's coming off non-sense fights (damn! i can't believe they made the last fight) after along lay-off is going to be given his retirement passport if he faces rafa now... he should take on other guys... rafa is on top of the world right now and id oubt that gerry will win against him...
          I second the motion!

Comment

Originally posted by jose
            This is why people roll there eyes at the alot of the Pinoy fans.

Gery Penolosa held a belt for one year back in 97 and made 2 defenses. Has not done a single thing since losing it 7 years ago. He has had two fights on his comeback against a guy who was 0-0-0 and against a guy who was 3-0.

First of all what in the hell has he even done to deserve a title shot? Let alone against a p4p fighter like Rafeal Marquez.

The fact that people think he can even be competative speaks volumes about some of these guys.
            Didn't Johnson knock out Jones? Anything can happen

Comment

Originally posted by m00ks
              Didn't Johnson knock out Jones? Anything can happen

Glen Johnson?

Well Glen had actually done something to get his shot. He had been fighting for years and had just won a share of the Title at 175.

and to top it off Roy Jones was coming off a KO loss so its not like it was prime Roy Jones here.

Comment

Originally posted by jose
                Glen Johnson?

Well Glen had actually done something to get his shot. He had been fighting for years and had just won a share of the Title at 175.

and to top it off Roy Jones was coming off a KO loss so its not like it was prime Roy Jones here.
                ya I know but if you had money to bet don't tell me you would have put it on Glen.

Comment

Penalosa is the most technical Filipino Figther I have seen and if he could stay away from RAFA he will do good, I mean stay away and fight for other belts...

anyway if the pay is good then go for it, Gerry will have the element of surprise on his side and thats always good for a Pinoy figther taking on the champ ...

Comment

Originally posted by jomapac
                    Penalosa is the most technical Filipino Figther I have seen and if he could stay away from RAFA he will do good, I mean stay away and fight for other belts...

anyway if the pay is good then go for it, Gerry will have the element of surprise on his side and thats always good for a Pinoy figther taking on the champ ...
                    i agree with you tol

the problem with penalosa is that, unlike pacquiao, he does not boast a very hard-knock-out punch; he relies heavily on combination

Comment

Peņalosa doesnt have enough power or technical ability to beat Rafael Marquez. One uppercut from this guy could put Gerry in the hospital.

Comment

Working...
                      X