Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Hopkins, Dawson Finally Face Off at Weigh-In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight needs a competent ref. Hopkins would try to do all kinds of dirty tricks to avoid Dawson's punches. I'd expect a nasty fight on this one.

Comment

Shawn porter isn't going far picking soft opponents, maybe his management doesn't think much of him?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Bernard ducked the face off segment, tried to duck the actual stare down and post weigh in? He isn't right, he might get stopped in this fight.
        looked pretty serious to me. thought he would be heavier though.

Comment

I'm still going with Bernard in this fight despite his age, his style is not going to allow Chad to get off nicely, if at all. Yea, Dawson's younger, more athletically gifted, he's a southpaw and he CAN win this fight, no doubt. But, Hopkins is going to find a way to neutralize Dawson's jab, matter of fact he was already starting to do it in their last fight mind you it was early. When you combine Hopkin's ring IQ, and an ability to frustrate opponents, and Dawson's mental lapses and how quickly he can get frustrated. Dawson could have a big mess on his hands. Either way, I'm looking forward to it tomorrow and I hope Bernard's got one last good performance left in him.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
            This fight needs a competent ref. Hopkins would try to do all kinds of dirty tricks to avoid Dawson's punches. I'd expect a nasty fight on this one.
            dawsons the ufc fighter

Comment

Was Mitchell a smaller guy before? He seems to have a lot of stretch marks around his bice/shoulder area. No ****...? Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
                I'm still going with Bernard in this fight despite his age, his style is not going to allow Chad to get off nicely, if at all. Yea, Dawson's younger, more athletically gifted, he's a southpaw and he CAN win this fight, no doubt. But, Hopkins is going to find a way to neutralize Dawson's jab, matter of fact he was already starting to do it in their last fight mind you it was early. When you combine Hopkin's ring IQ, and an ability to frustrate opponents, and Dawson's mental lapses and how quickly he can get frustrated. Dawson could have a big mess on his hands. Either way, I'm looking forward to it tomorrow and I hope Bernard's got one last good performance left in him.
                its going to be hopkins tarver all over. dont know why peeps are saying he looked so vbad before. he was landing the right hand. dawson didnt land anything he just looked really big. they must be impressed by that.

Comment

I agree Davis, notice too how Hopkins came in 173 1/2 for their first fight and tomorrows rematch? I'll tell you why I think he did. I believe Hopkins' is coming in lighter so he can utilize lateral movement similar to how he did in spurts with Tarver and Calzaghe, and when Dawson commits to unleash his shots, Bernard will pick him apart with the lead right hand.

A lot of people say this will be the Calzaghe fight allover again which I simply do not agree with at all. Calzaghe is more unorthodox, looser, punches from wide hard to time angles and is highly active. Dawson is much more methodical and calculated, which is where I think he'll fail tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    Don't do it Bernard! I seriously fear for his health here
                    Come on man, Dawson isn't a guy that makes you fear for your health, not even a guy as old as Hopkins.

Comment

Two of my favourite fighters here.

Just hope for a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X