New Gamboa interview (audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    lol

There's nothing but rumors, allegations and conjecture on the Internet. I know practically everything that's been posted; but the true details are known only to Gamboa, his promoters and some insiders. If you think you're getting all the facts, you're mistaken. We'll know what's what soon enough.
    while I agree most of the stuff about Gamboa's actions is speculation there is an actual lawsuit pertaining to his actions from Top Rank. If they didn't feel strongly about their claims of breach then I highly doubt they would have gone forward. Add to that they have stated to several people (myself included when I interviewed DeBoef) they have proof of agreement.

best thing I can say about this issue knowing where my biases lay

had he been unhappy with everything going on then he should have never sent the wheels in motion that made Top Rank start up the promotion of the 4/14 fight date.

My speculation is that he has agreed to fight principles before in previous fights for Top Rank without signing and if that is the case then Top Rank can use that as precedent by stating that Gamboa has agreed in the past to fights without signing and that in this case there was nothing out of the ordinary in regards to the terms of this fight date

whether people feel for his "plight" or believe he is nothing more than a boy who cried wolf one thing is clear at least IMO

he's screwed

Comment

Gamboa wanted like 10- 15 million to fight Rios

Dude is trippen . Better go back to cuba with that imaginary superstar alter ego of his

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
        what facts do you need? the fight was announced all over media...don't tell me gamboa didn't know that. if he was having a problem with his promoter, he should've brought it up right away and not wait for the presscon to happen and act like a diva for not showing up.
        You're making assumptions based on limited information. Isn't it possible that Gamboa agreed to the terms as they were initially presented to him and then pulled out when he saw things he hadn't agreed to in the finished product? I have no idea if that's what happened, but I also have no idea if it didn't. No one else here does either.

Comment

Listening to Gamboa is like listening Tito Trinidad back in his days.... Man u Live in US. how many time u need to learn English... OMG you are a f****G Profesional Boxer Step-up your language game...

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            You're making assumptions based on limited information. Isn't it possible that Gamboa agreed to the terms as they were initially presented to him and then pulled out when he saw things he hadn't agreed to in the finished product? I have no idea if that's what happened, but I also have no idea if it didn't. No one else here does either.
            i'm not making assumptions...i know there's a reason why he didn't show up at the presscon and i don't think that problem has suddenly popped up a day before the presscon. it's already there but he chose not to address it but rather acted idiotic by not showing up. and from the time he didn't show up up to now is a lot of time for him to explain his side but he didn't care. and even if people make assumptions out of this, it's understandable because gamboa did not offer any explanation. only when a case was filed against him that he's starting to talk yet not clear enough as to what his problem really is. it's too late though as the fight that people want to see is not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
              while I agree most of the stuff about Gamboa's actions is speculation there is an actual lawsuit pertaining to his actions from Top Rank. If they didn't feel strongly about their claims of breach then I highly doubt they would have gone forward. Add to that they have stated to several people (myself included when I interviewed DeBoef) they have proof of agreement.

best thing I can say about this issue knowing where my biases lay

had he been unhappy with everything going on then he should have never sent the wheels in motion that made Top Rank start up the promotion of the 4/14 fight date.

My speculation is that he has agreed to fight principles before in previous fights for Top Rank without signing and if that is the case then Top Rank can use that as precedent by stating that Gamboa has agreed in the past to fights without signing and that in this case there was nothing out of the ordinary in regards to the terms of this fight date

whether people feel for his "plight" or believe he is nothing more than a boy who cried wolf one thing is clear at least IMO

he's screwed
              There's no doubt, things don't look good for Gamboa. I agree that Top Rank probably has their house in order with regards to this issue. Add the fact that the promotional company has a track record of winning their cases and you're probably right: Yuri probably is "screwed."

But simply because the limited evidence we have against Gamboa is damning doesn't mean he's guilty. Men have been sent to jail for a very long time, after having experts testify on scientifically collected evidence in a controlled, courtroom environment and still been found wrongfully convicted years later. I'm supposed to believe Yuri is guilty based on appearances, limited information and conjecture? lol

I'm not siding with Gamboa. I'm neutral on this issue. If Yuri fucked up, then I'll lay into him like most people here already are. But I want to hear everything both sides have to say before making any judgements.

Comment

Can't blame him for not wanting to fight Rios, the man is a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHook "Tito" View Post
                  Listening to Gamboa is like listening Tito Trinidad back in his days.... Man u Live in US. how many time u need to learn English... OMG you are a f****G Profesional Boxer Step-up your language game...
                  And reading your english is like reading a first grader's. Apparently you need "many" more time to learn yours.

Comment

Working...
                  X