Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would the Marquez we saw the other night been totally dominated by Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he would have been more competitive but with 10 OZ gloves Floyd would not have any respect for his punch again. With 8 OZ gloves Floyd doesn't laugh at the punches like he did in the first fight in my opinion but he still beats him to a 12 round 7-5 decision.

Comment

Marquez didn't look that much better to me, he's punches had more pop then his last time out at this weight, but to be 100% honest i think his speed suffered.

Problem with the comparison is that Marquez can't be outworked, he thrives on aggression, but he can be outboxed and Mayweather knows exactly how to do it and still keep Marquez from being effective.

Comment

Juan would've done better in spots, but, would still get dominated.

It's real simple. You have a counter-puncher who is bigger, stronger, faster and a significant reach advantage going against a slow, smaller, counter-puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Thornton Melon View Post
          Just a question. When JMM fought Floyd he looked slow, old, and not near as ripped. Would the guy we saw the other night fared better or would it have been the same? And did JMM look old and slow b/c Floyd made him look that way or was this actually a better Marquez ?
          I think to one degree or another it was a better JMM last Saturday night. How much better is open to debate and no real way to tell unless he rematches Floyd.

I don't think a reasonable person can argue that we wasn't in better shape for the 3rd Pac fight than he was for PBF.

Comment

If Floyd mans up and tries to lead in the fight, then Marquez has a shot because he'll be able to utilize his counter-punching skills and measure Floyd better.

If Floyd doesn't take the lead then its a boring fight, with two guys circling each other, waiting for someone to throw. They'll back up to the opposite corners of the ring.

If you noticed JMM was the aggressor in the Mayweather fight. He tried to "win", go for the knockout, and take it to Mayweather. Against Pacquiao, he was backing up and circling, just waiting to counter.

Comment

Yep wouldn't have mattered Floyd would have still beat him. Floyd is better than him at his own counter game and can switch his style at anytime.

Comment

Working...
              X