Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Calzaghe: A Good Fight, But I'd Beat Andre Ward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shogun1123 View Post
    At Best Dude Fought a DRAW WITH BERNARD HOPKINS. I HAD HOP A ROUND OR TWO BASED ON clean punches.

WARD is Hopkins 2.0 FOR REAL.

Calzaghe IS LIKE Marciano. HE ONLY FOUGHT THEM WHEN THEY WERE OLD.

WARD WOULD EASILY DECISION Calzaghe.

Calzaghe FIGHTS LIKE AN AMATEUR FOR REAL.

But real Talk Calzaghe did go undefeated, gotta give him credit for that.

However he is the best Cherry picker of ALL TIME.
    Man your crazy!! Joe beat B-Hop easy he outworked and dominated him to the point that hopkins was on the floor pretending to be hit by a low blow so he could bye some time cos he knew he was on the brink of getting stopped. Ward would be a tough fight for Joe but he would find him out and eventually beat him like he did with everybody else

Comment

Originally posted by shogun1123 View Post
      At Best Dude Fought a DRAW WITH BERNARD HOPKINS. I HAD HOP A ROUND OR TWO BASED ON clean punches.

WARD is Hopkins 2.0 FOR REAL.

Calzaghe IS LIKE Marciano. HE ONLY FOUGHT THEM WHEN THEY WERE OLD.

WARD WOULD EASILY DECISION Calzaghe.

Calzaghe FIGHTS LIKE AN AMATEUR FOR REAL.

But real Talk Calzaghe did go undefeated, gotta give him credit for that.

However he is the best Cherry picker of ALL TIME.
      Massive cherry pick when he fought a prime, two belt, unbeaten Kessler.

Comment

I agree with Calzaghe. My problem with Calzaghe is his lack of good opposition that he probably would have beaten anyway. Ability wise i think he was a great fighter but his ability far outweighs his resume which is a shame.

Comment

ward sits back on his wins and lets everyone else battle it out and piggybacks off real fightes like dawson, froch and kessler abe. definitely aint beating joe, he was gassed against aa and froch. btw fight bhop

Comment

I am a big calzaghe fan. But the fight with Hopkins was a draw. And the fight with RJJ wouldve been very close or a loss for Calzaghe if Jones was in his prime. Ward, I'm not sure. I think it would be best for Calzaghe just to say it would be a very close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by YOU WILL LOSE View Post
              ward sits back on his wins and lets everyone else battle it out and piggybacks off real fightes like dawson, froch and kessler abe. definitely aint beating joe, he was gassed against aa and froch. btw fight bhop
              great user title!!

Comment

Originally posted by the_kid_08 View Post
                Man your crazy!! Joe beat B-Hop easy he outworked and dominated him to the point that hopkins was on the floor pretending to be hit by a low blow so he could bye some time cos he knew he was on the brink of getting stopped. Ward would be a tough fight for Joe but he would find him out and eventually beat him like he did with everybody else
                I agree with everything you said - people keep saying he beat fighters past their prime as you say he beat an undefeated prime fighter in Kessler who was then undefeated he also beat Lacey who then at the time was considered the best pound for pound and has never been the same since the beating he took from Joe and Bernard Hopkins look what he has accomplished since losing to Joe - if he did not do anything since Joe then that would be another story but that is not the case these fans say Calzaghe lost to Hopkins on their card are living in there own fantasy, if that was the case believe me no British fighter will get the nod in the States if the fight was that close it just does'nt happen the fact he got the decision menas he won by a bigger margin that these anti-calzaghe fans are saying.

Comment

Joe was a good fighter. Too bad he wasn't around now. I'd bet on Ward though.

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman View Post
                    Agree 100%. Joe would have been too busy, too fast but most importantly too unorthodox. I don't think Calzaghe gets enough credit.
                    Joe would have been busy getting counter punched and "pot shotted" all night. Ward's discipline, superb defense and fast hand speed would have frustrated Joe all night. Joe was a great fighter and he made me into a believer when he destroyed Jeff Lacy but I'm sorry I can't give him this one.

Comment

Calzaghe would give Ward a problem in the first few rounds while Ward adjusts to Calzaghe's awkward style but once Ward locks in he rides to an easy wide decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X