Boxer of the Month for September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    That was a good post.

Chavez, for all the hate has possibly done more than the other so called top dogs in the division. I mean honestly, Golovkin is really the only guy who I could see beating Chavez Jr for sure. Pirog... I'm over the honey moon phase with him I barely remember how he even fights to be honest its been a while. Macklin would be a good scrap with Chavez Jr, it's a toss up. Geale as well. There's no shame in losing to Martinez.

The Dawson win was good because of how dominant it was but theres still that little weight issue some people have. Others feel Dawson was also overrated and not even the top guy in his weight class.

Matthysse had a great performance but there's the layoff excuse (for those who look for any excuse to downgrade a win) but it was of what many people consider the two best in the class (Some Garcia haters of course)...Helps Ajose had a good showing of courage and represented himself well.

The Maidana win isnt up here at all imo...

Canelo beat Josesito. Next

I'll just go with the 3-way tie Martinez, Ward, and Lucas. Just because *I* think Dawson was overrated doesnt mean he is/was in the mind of others and that the performance was any less stellar (because it was). In terms of risk, for me Martinez although supremely better than Chavez still had the element of risk and drama. Lucas was in a fight that most thought was a toss up. I don't think many really saw a way Dawson could win the fight though. Maybe cuz Ward is that good..or.... Lets leave that alone.
    Wait what? You actually read that in this place? There's no way.

Comment

Lol..Kev voted for everybody...a true boxing fan!

Comment

1. Ward
        2. Martinez
        3. Matthysse
        4. Golovkin

Comment

There's a case for a lot of these fighters. I voted for Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
            Lol..Kev voted for everybody...a true boxing fan!
            All ten had very good performances in September.

Comment

LOL how can anybody pick Martinez? He almost got knocked out by a kid he was expected to destroy. Yes, he boxed circles around the little nerd, but Chavez still almost KO'd him in the final stretch.

It's easily Ward. Ward should have passed Martinez on everybody's pound for pound list this month.

Comment

Working...
              X