No announcement yet.

just bought a mac!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Macbook's are overpriced man. Looking at the price you paid, you went for the least expensive one, which if I remember bring 500gb HDD?

You can get very good laptops nowadays that bring 1TB and cost $700-800. I think Lenovo's. HP's are good too, Acer as well.

Macbook=Great laptop, but otherwise you're paying that extra $1k for a name and nothing else that you can get from another laptop.
    I disagree.

While you're right in a way. If you plan to use a Mac to do photo or audio work, then Mac is the way to go.

Not that I'm saying windows is **** but you will have to do some tweaking and manage the computer properly. A Mac, as gay as this sounds, it just works.

It's much more stable and has a less chance to crash on you. Dj or music production software will push your computer to its limits. If you don't have a stable machine, expect lots of lag and poor latency. You don't want that, trust me.

Plus, a top of the line windows pc will run atleast 1.5k. I'm talking 6gb+ Ram, 2.2+ ghz, 3rd generation i7 intel processor and depends if you choose a normal harddrive or a SSD.

SSD has less memory but the computer will run faster.

If TS plans to just go on boxingscene, facebook, youtube, and write papers for school. Then I don't see the point in buying a mac. Just buy a normal laptop and that will do for your needs.

It all depends who you plan to do with it. Personally I'd go with a Macbook Pro. Although I've seen a nice HP Pavilion that goes for about 850+ on the HP website with nice specs and lots of good reviews. Thinking of purchasing it soon.

Comment

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....gi?u=macs_cant
      Last edited by CHOWWOKKA; 08-23-2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Also, I would never get a 13in laptop.

Screen resolution blows.

15 is the best imo. But you gotta check the resolution specs, some 15in laptops are dick.

Comment

Once you Mac You never go back.

Overpriced ? Is a Ferrari overpriced ?

Comment

Originally posted by maverickuk2 View Post
            i know most apple products are over priced tbh but i got the 1.7 ghz i5 3mb level 3 cache, 4 gb ram ddr3, 256gb flash storage and intel hd graphics. i paid £700 for it after looking at the receipt reduced from about £1400 i think.
            Way overpriced look at this for £70 less.

I7 2670qm
            8gb ram
            750gb HD

£630 ($999)

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Acer_...oogle#maindesc

Comment

I have a MacBook air at work and a Asus Ultrabook at home.

Honestly, the MacBook air is kind of a pain for doing some things at work that were easy on a Windows machine.

I almost feel like the Mac should be the one for fun, and the Zenbook for work, but I didn't have to buy the Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                I read the title of your thread as I drove and it got me in the mood for a Big Mac...

Damn bro, that was funny.

Double cheese burger?

Comment

Mac is better, period, don't talk **** unless you have owned both. Nothing is perfect but the MAC is legit.

Comment

I have never owned high heels either but I can talk **** if I see some other dude wearing some. Don't tell others not to talk **** (while talking ****).

E

Comment

so if you get a mac you dont have to worry about viruses?

How is that?

It has its own anti virus program built in for life?

Comment

Working...
                      X