Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Povetkin Clash Pushed Hard By The WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is good news. I like this fight. Time for Povetkin to show what he's made of.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Wladimir wants to fight Povetkin in March not February.

Interesting how the WBA permitted Sturm and G. Jones to go years without fighting a mandatory, yet they won't be flexible enough to give Wladimir until the end of March to fight Povetkin.
      Wlad always seems to fight in March around the time of his birthday.

I've noticed it but never paid any attention as to whether there was a specific reason for this.

I suppose if one prefers an 8 week training camp it makes sense because it allows a fight to take a couple weeks off after the holidays and then hit the ground running to be ready to go in early/mid march.

Comment

finally. I'm surprised Povetkin has made it through the past four years relatively unscathed. Maybe he deserved to lose against Huck, it was close enough to not hold that against him though. He's probably the legitimate number 1 contender, slightly ahead of Pulav, Fury and Price.

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
          finally. I'm surprised Povetkin has made it through the past four years relatively unscathed. Maybe he deserved to lose against Huck, it was close enough to not hold that against him though. He's probably the legitimate number 1 contender, slightly ahead of Pulav, Fury and Price.
          Agreed. 2013 should give three legit fights for Wlad.
          Last edited by Weltschmerz; 12-19-2012, 02:28 AM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
            This is good news. I like this fight. Time for Povetkin to show what he's made of.
            Mostly fat

Comment

Swear to god Povetkin has regressed over the last three years.

Wlad will stop him inside 6.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                Mostly fat
                Heh... He's not carved in stone, wouldn't call him fat though. He should fight in the low 220s

Comment

Lol this article is all wrong. David Haye was made "super champ" and was that when he lost to Wlad. On another note, Wlad will wipe the floor with old chubs povetkin. He is truly a *****ty fighter - and has beaten about 1 half credible opponent (Chagaev). IMO he lost against Huck, so WTF is he going to do against Wlad?

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    Mostly fat
                    Haha this^^

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                      Lol this article is all wrong. David Haye was made "super champ" and was that when he lost to Wlad. On another note, Wlad will wipe the floor with old chubs povetkin. He is truly a *****ty fighter - and has beaten about 1 half credible opponent (Chagaev). IMO he lost against Huck, so WTF is he going to do against Wlad?

I think Chambers is a decent win for him too.

Comment

Working...
                      X