Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Marquez do against Pacquiao's opposition in the last 4 years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Marquez do against Pacquiao's opposition in the last 4 years?

How would Marquez do against these guys?

Oscar @ 147 (2008)
    Hatton @ 140 (2009)
    Cotto @ 146 (2009)
    Clottey @ 147 (2010)
    Margarito @ 151 (2010)
    Mosley @ 147 (2011)
    Bradley @ 147 (2012)
    Goes 7-0
    15.38%
    Goes 6-1
    19.23%
    Goes 5-2
    11.54%
    Goes 4-3
    23.08%
    Goes 3-4
    11.54%
    Goes 2-5
    7.69%
    Goes 1-6
    3.85%
    Goes 0-7
    7.69%

up until recently JMM looked small even for LW and has been past prime since before getting to LW. Pacquiao peaked at welterweight.

but to humor TS's anti Marquez thread

Oscar TKO
    Hatton TKO
    Cotto UD
    Clottey N/A
    Margarito L
    Mosley UD
    Bradley UD

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      How would Marquez do against these guys?

Oscar @ 147 (2008)
      Hatton @ 140 (2009)
      Cotto @ 146 (2009)
      Clottey @ 147 (2010)
      Margarito @ 151 (2010)
      Mosley @ 147 (2011)
      Bradley @ 147 (2012)
      Well Marquez would do fine if he fought them under the same conditions that Pacquiao fought them.

First off all DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and Mosley would ALL have to be coming off confidence-crushing, career losses.

Then DLH and Cotto would have to drain down to 145.

Margarito would have to be coming off of his first KO loss and be banned at the time of the match.

I think this version of JMM has a better than average chance under those conditions.

Why not?

Comment

Dunno. Honestly, don't really care that much.

He'd probably win some and lose some. He'd beat Oscar, Hatton and Mosley. They were **** when Pac fought them.

I don't think he'd beat Cotto, Clottey or Margarito. Don't really know though. He certainly hasn't carried the weight as well as Pacquiao did. He's old too.

Clottey would probably lose thinking about it more. That guy just found a way to lose big fights. He'd lose it somehow. He'd get annoyed at Marquez' huge heart and start headbutting him to a DQ.

I reckon Cotto/Marquez would be a war. Pac carried everything up to 147 much, much better than Marquez did. Apart from his smarts, heart and counter punching skills, Marquez at 147 lost out in stamina, speed, reflexes, fast combination punching, and yes, a bit of power even. Pac managed to somehow keep all his speed, stamina, power and maybe even got better as well as adding in the extra wrinkle of great feints.

Margarito? Eh, who cares.

Edit: Forgot about Bradley. I think Bradley would win now. His defense is better than Pac's, he has good speed, and his skilled mauling/boxing style would make it hard for an old Marquez to counter well enough to win the exchanges. Kind of boring.
        Last edited by BennyST; 12-11-2012, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Bradley and Margarito could beat him....the rest JMM beats for sure.

Comment

Who cares,he put manny to sleep thats all that matters

Comment

But id say he goes 7-0 and win all by knockout

Comment

bradley, margarito and mosley would beat JMM. the rest I think he takes em (if its the WW marquez from saturday night)

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                  Edit: Forgot about Bradley. I think Bradley would win now. His defense is better than Pac's, he has good speed, and his skilled mauling/boxing style would make it hard for an old Marquez to counter well enough to win the exchanges. Kind of boring.
                  I see it going in a similar way, eventually Marquez will concede that he can't keep up like he used to and will start trying time and counter with hard Haymakers in hopes of knocking him down or out. When he does throw combos they will be to the body to slow him down a bit and because he'd have a higher chance of landing them.

oh and he'll get massive cut from an "accidental" headbutt.

Comment

marquez was very small during the time in which most of those fights took place. he might win some, he'd come up with some losses.

people see a fight and they overreact on bscene. it happens. i'm guilty of it myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X