No announcement yet.

Steel Bodies?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel Bodies?

We often talk about fighters that have had the best chins or steel chins, but what about boxers that have historically had or currently have the toughest bodies or are great at taking body shots and keep going at their opponent? Who would fit into this category?
    Last edited by Anthony342; 10-18-2012, 07:14 PM.

James Toney! Hes fought a lot of great bodypunchers and the only time I can recall him wincing from a bodyshot was against Holyfield. Maybe that little bit of fat helped him absorb shots better.

Ajose Olusegun is one from recent times that comes straight too mind, he took so many murderous bodyshots from Lucas, it was painful just too watch and the man barely winced. What a warrior!

Comment

Ali, Norton said hitting his body was like concrete.

Comment

I am going to throw out the names of both leonard and duran. In there first fight both were throwing bombs to the body and taking them while setting a tremendous pace for the fight.

Comment

Really, I don't think said people exist.

Margarito is my favourite example. Mosley completely dominated and hurt him repeatedly despite his amazing chin/pain resistance.

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
          Frazier's bodywork almost led to him stopping Ali in their first fight.

I guess that's partly due to him having run into one of, if not the best bodypuncher in history.

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
          I am going to throw out the names of both leonard and duran. In there first fight both were throwing bombs to the body and taking them while setting a tremendous pace for the fight.
          Hagler's bodywork did a number on both of them.

Comment

Hagler has a steel body.

Literally, wouldn't surprise me if he had some sort of Wolverine type issue going on.

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post

Ali was the first name I though of when I saw this thread. I can't even think of a close second.

Comment

The body shots Vitali took from Lewis were burtal

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                  Hagler has a steel body.

Literally, wouldn't surprise me if he had some sort of Wolverine type issue going on.
                  very rarely saw marvin hurt whether it be to the head or body. he did cut though

Comment

Roy Jones, he constantly gave opponents his body and never even flinched

Comment

Working...
                    X