Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr. vs John Ruiz Equal to Pacquiao vs Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones Jr. vs John Ruiz Equal to Pacquiao vs Cotto?

I see this fight similar to the John Ruiz vs Roy Jones Jr. bout.
    Manny Pacquiao just like Roy jones Jr. vs John Ruiz will be too fast for Cotto while still being strong. Roy Jones also went up 20 pounds similar to what Pacquiao has been doing to fight at Welter Weight.

Not that Pacquiao can dominate all the welter weights, but Roy Jones couldn't either, but he went up to fight the boxer he could beat. See Cotto is just bigger than Manny, but he doesn't have more reach and he isn't much taller. So it's all a game of hitting your rival, but avoiding getting hit. Oscar De La Hoya was much taller than Manny . Pacquiao had to reach just to get to Oscar face. With Cotto he won't have that problem and will be able to land punches straight at him.

As long as Manny avoids most of Cotto's big punches he should be fine. It also will get easier as the fight gets into the later rounds. Cotto will be weaker and slower and ready for Manny to take him out. Cotto can't take a fury of punches in the late rounds. He's defenseless because he's too tier to raise his hands to protect himself.

Remember Manny was too fast for lightweights. Cotto doesn't have the speed of a Morales and Marquez. He got to Mosley, but Mosley speed relies mostly on his hands and not his foot work. Pacquiao is not just a fast moving target, but a small target as well.

I thought one of the key factor in Morales winning was the fact that he could also match speed with Pac. He's the one fighter that really gave Pacquiao a rough time. Morales might had lost the rematch, but he just wasn't the same fighter.

Cotto is alot better then John Ruiz. Pacquiao ain't beating Cotto that easy.

Comment

No, I don't think so.

Comment

...............................no................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................just no

Comment

It will be more because pacquiao will KTFO cotto.

Comment

Cotto is miles better than John Ruiz and should beat Manny Pacquiao tonight. Cotto's hand speed is pretty fast and almost as quick as Manny's. Miguel is stronger and can dictate the fight. I think it'll be an up and down fight and will go the distance and will be a very close, very tight decision but I think Cotto should just edge it.

Comment

no./thread.

Comment

WTF? this will be more like Cotto-Quintana. Cotto once again beating the crap out of a southpaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  Cotto is alot better then John Ruiz. Pacquiao ain't beating Cotto that easy.
                  yes and roy iss better than pacman

Comment

ok you all need to stop now lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X