Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your least favourite british commentator?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Rawling sounds like he has a script he reads from for every individual boxer everytime they fight. He says the same thing every time. With Billy Joe Saunders it's ''hes a proud romany gypsy, in his spare time he rides horses blah blah''.

I also remember him slagging off Martinez for dropping his hands against Barker because he thought he was showboating! Thats just his style! Lol.

Comment

Least? Probably Duke, he does talk a bit of sense but im not crazy on his voice/style! Non are great though tbh

The best in the buisness is Al Berstein followed by Malinaggi and his Royness IMO

Comment

Rawling & Jim Watt for me. I don't mind Jim too much recently but he still does iritate the **** outta me.

Rawling is possibly the worst commentator I've ever heard. Whenever I watch a fight on boxnation I'll just mute the clown's voice. Talks utter nonsense.

Comment

Rod McIntosh is my least favourite.....the BBC persists in using these general commentators/presenters across a number of sports and it is self-evident that they know absolutely dick-all about what they're talking about. He's almost as poor as Jason Mohammad who regularly ruins top class international rugby games by asking the 'bleedin obvious' five times in a row.

Loved team GB's performance at the Olympics but found McIntosh's 'Peter-and-Jane' contributions andf **** commentating really annoying....Harry Carpenter he ain't.

On the upside....the Channel 5 team seem to be pretty good. Mark Pougtach is a nice, straightforward anchor who sets the scene nicely, Dave Farrar calls a fight pretty well and Bernstein is bearable in small doses.

Comment

Duke McKenzie, because he brings absolutely nothing to every broadcast, closely followed by John Rawling for similar reasons and he also has that 'love the sound of my own voice' smugness about him. These two together are unbearable.

I used to hate the sound of Adam Smith for that silly overenthusiastic voice he puts on all the time, trying way too hard to sound into it. The absolute worst I've ever heard though was Spencer Fearon. He did one show on Boxnation and man, it was truly awful.

I must be the only person around who actually likes Jim Watt's commentary haha, always have, and I also used to like the pairing of Ian Darke and Glenn McCrory when they covered all the big fights on Sky. The best in the business though is Al Bernstein IMO, and the best on HBO is Roy Jones.

Comment

Howard Cosell, Mickey Duff and Leon Spinks!!!
              Spinks is the only one I can actually understand!! Go figure. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                Howard Cosell, Mickey Duff and Leon Spinks!!!
                Spinks is the only one I can actually understand!! Go figure. Ray.
                What channel are these people on?

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  jim watt sends me insane. his grating voice, his shameless partisanism, his constant moaning, his overuse of the term "fancy dan".

just die already, jim.
                  Haa personally i like watt, but i laughed at "fancy dan"

Comment

John Rawling for me is by far the worst. He's just terrible.

Most of them are terrible.

I liked Bernard Hopkins commentary recently on Boxnation. I think it was on Boxnation.. Can't remember what fight it was for.

Comment

Duke Mckenzie - can barely string three words together; and Jim Watt - gets an idea early in a fight then repeats it ad infinitum regardless of how the fights going.

Comment

Working...
                      X