If Lucas Matthysse hadn't been robbed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    I still believe Mattysse won though.
    It still isn't anything to go on about, even if you think he won, he still had a lot of trouble with a past-it frontrunner in Judah who he wasn't able to get out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      I think you underestimate Petersons toughness. Maybe you think Lucas is at 140 hitting as hard as tyson or foreman. Lucas couldnt stop a past prime glass jaw zab judah but you think he @#$%s over a strong tough jr welter like Peterson.
      Neither Judah nor Ajose have better defensive skills than Bradley.
      mathed is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        mathed is that you?
        nope im not mathed. we will see when Lucas steps up in competition how he does. i think he is a good fighter but to say he walks through Peterson just because he beat Ajose? Lucas went the distance with a past it Judah. Same Judah Khan beat the crap out of in five rounds. i think some of you guys getting over hyped by that win yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360
          Had he beat Judah, he would've gone on to fight Khan. Had he beat Khan, he probably would've gone on to fight the winner of Alexander/Bradley. Pretty sure there could be an argument made for him being P4P at that point.

I think those controversial decisions helped him in the end, cuz it reinforces his mental toughness. Guys like Maidana/Khan/Alexander/Bradley were in the limelight, but Matthysse was patiently waiting to get his shot and he made it count.

Does anybody think the winner of Garcia/Morales will fight Matt next? I don't. Let the ducking commence.
          morales ducks no one.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

nope im not mathed. we will see when Lucas steps up in competition how he does. i think he is a good fighter but to say he walks through Peterson just because he beat Ajose? Lucas went the distance with a past it Judah. Same Judah Khan beat the crap out of in five rounds. i think some of you guys getting over hyped by that win yesterday.
            What...? The fk... Why would I say he beats Peterson cause he beat Ajose? Ajose and Peterson fight nothing alike. Do you know what you're looking at or you just have those fighters you watch?
            Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
            morales ducks no one.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            No disrespect to Morales but it would be in his best interest to duck this one if he does beat Garcia.

Comment

ithought judah won by a point but hes a great fighter

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                What...? The fk... Why would I say he beats Peterson cause he beat Ajose? Ajose and Peterson fight nothing alike. Do you know what you're looking at or you just have those fighters you watch?

No disrespect to Morales but it would be in his best interest to duck this one if he does beat Garcia.
                Morales is a living legend because the phrase "in his best interests" is foreign to him. See round 12 of Pacquiao I.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
                  Morales is a living legend because the phrase "in his best interests" is foreign to him. See round 12 of Pacquiao I.
                  We will see what happens after Garcia/Morales. There comes a time in every fighter's career when they have to be realistic, they have to become aware of their limitations. Not saying that Morales couldn't beat Matt, but it would take a lot more than he'd be willing to give at this point. Is the risk worth it? He has absolutely nothing to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    We will see what happens after Garcia/Morales. There comes a time in every fighter's career when they have to be realistic, they have to become aware of their limitations. Not saying that Morales couldn't beat Matt, but it would take a lot more than he'd be willing to give at this point. Is the risk worth it? He has absolutely nothing to prove.
                    I dont disagree. Just saying, his wreckless abandon is what made him who he is in this sport. Other than maybe, Barrera fans, I dont know of any who dont at least respect him for whats hes given in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X