No announcement yet.

new guy looking for help on breathing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy looking for help on breathing

what up everyone i just joined and looking for some help/info on breathing?i just started boxing and didnt relize how much stamina i lack and how out of shape i am cardio wise.im in good physical shape i go to the gym and lift but thats it.my problem is i have issues when i run i start good then i get winded real fast,like im overweight like i should be on the biggest loser.i get phelm and have to spit alot,cough,weeze and just feel like i cant get enuff air and when i stop i have cheast pain when breathing for like 5 mins then im fine except for a cough.my friend who was in the militay told me i need to condition my lungs cause they are a muscle and it will go away he seen guys in boot camp go thru the same.but its been a few months now no real progress.i checked with the doctor and he said it can be sports induced asthma and gave me inhalers to try but no big help.anyone else have issues like this?

Where should i begin.....?

Comment

Originally posted by mykey View Post
      what up everyone i just joined and looking for some help/info on breathing?i just started boxing and didnt relize how much stamina i lack and how out of shape i am cardio wise.im in good physical shape i go to the gym and lift but thats it.my problem is i have issues when i run i start good then i get winded real fast,like im overweight like i should be on the biggest loser.i get phelm and have to spit alot,cough,weeze and just feel like i cant get enuff air and when i stop i have cheast pain when breathing for like 5 mins then im fine except for a cough.my friend who was in the militay told me i need to condition my lungs cause they are a muscle and it will go away he seen guys in boot camp go thru the same.but its been a few months now no real progress.i checked with the doctor and he said it can be sports induced asthma and gave me inhalers to try but no big help.anyone else have issues like this?
      same boat here. i have been in good condition though where it wasn't much of a problem. i'm no expert and i'm sure eventually you'll get a quality lengthy response. what i do it everytime i go on my run i try to speed it up for longer distances everytime. i use houses & stop signs to guage how long i have to keep a good fast pace and just keep pushing myself even though i'm usually ready to collapse from lack of wind.

Comment

Breathing is overrated. Back in my day we would train while holding our breath, it toughened you up. We could go a full round without taking a breath and then still maintain a higher workrate than today, and that was after a 12 hour day chopping wood. Todays young boxers are a bunch of limp dicked pansie cockers.
        Last edited by potatos; 01-18-2009, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I personally believe you need to become accustomed to breathing with a flexed core. I used to have the same problem even though I was a great long-distance runner. Try this drill. Go all out on a super-heavy bag usin nonstop 1-2 combos. 1 minute rounds(start with 45 second rounds). Don't forget to breathe.
          Spar as many different people as possible and learn to relax. Easier said than done I know. Give it time

Comment

Working...
          X