No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez-Akira Yaegashi Eyed For August Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez-Akira Yaegashi Eyed For August Bout

According to Silvio Conrado Jr., attorney for the former two-division champion Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez (38-0), a potential fight with WBC flyweight champion Akira Yaegashi is in the works for a date in August.

Both boxers will be featured in separate fights on April 6th in Tokyo, as part of a plan to build their anticipated fight in August. Gonzalez has yet to finalize the opponent for that date, but Conrado says they are trying to get someone "with characteristics similar to Yaegashi." Yaegashi (19-3, 9KOs) will defend his title on the card against Mexico's Odilon Zaleta (15-3-1, 8KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wow... good **** if it happens

Comment

This is an awesome fight. 2014 is shaping up to be a good year.

Comment

I hope this comes off

Comment

Oh hell yeah. Please find a way to get this on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            According to Silvio Conrado Jr., attorney for the former two-division champion Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez (38-0), a potential fight with WBC flyweight champion Akira Yaegashi is in the works for a date in August.

Both boxers will be featured in separate fights on April 6th in Tokyo, as part of a plan to build their anticipated fight in August. Gonzalez has yet to finalize the opponent for that date, but Conrado says they are trying to get someone "with characteristics similar to Yaegashi." Yaegashi (19-3, 9KOs) will defend his title on the card against Mexico's Odilon Zaleta (15-3-1, 8KOs).
            [Click Here To Read More]
            WAR YAEGASHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I was hoping for Yaegashi Ioka II but this this will do just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Oh hell yeah. Please find a way to get this on TV.
                You got that right. But, they never will. Flyweight is an awesome division. And all of these top guys have fought and are willing to fight each other. But for whatever reason, the networks are stuck in the mindset that nobody wants to see fly and bantamweights. I've been saying for years that HBO, Showtime, and ESPN highlighting the lower weights on their their BAD, Shobox, and FNFs would tremendously upgrade those telecasts.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  You got that right. But, they never will. Flyweight is an awesome division. And all of these top guys have fought and are willing to fight each other. But for whatever reason, the networks are stuck in the mindset that nobody wants to see fly and bantamweights. I've been saying for years that HBO, Showtime, and ESPN highlighting the lower weights on their their BAD, Shobox, and FNFs would tremendously upgrade those telecasts.
                  The networks have their heads up their asses. The Guerrero Rosas figh that happened this weekend was better than anything I've seen on HBO or Showtime all year. At least it was on TV Azteca.

Srisaket Sor Rungvisai vs Carlos Cuadras is another fight that should be picked up by the networks but won't. It has foty written all over it, but at least it's happening in Mexico and will most likey still be shown in America.

Comment

Wow good fight :boobies:

Comment

Working...
                    X