No announcement yet.

No more excuses for Cyborg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more excuses for Cyborg

Dana is offering her Mike Dolce at his own expense. For those of you who don't know he is a dietitian. He helps Chael and a few other fighters make weight. I think he had Chael drop something like 22lbs in 2 days for his last fight. Dude works miracles...

Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (10-1-1 NC) reported that doctors recommend she not cut weight from 145 pounds to 135 pounds. UFC president Dana White said that the promotion will help her make the weight cut in safe way of dieting.

"She can get to this weight," said White. "We have an expert who can help you lose weight in a healthy way. We have Mike Dolce. He is 100 percent ready to work with her and will not cost anything to Cris."

UFC hall of famer Tito Ortiz (16-11-1), who represents Santos, has told her not to make the weight cut and suggested she fight somewhere else.

"Cyborg needs to get on the boat," said White. "The stupidest thing about it is that she has Tito Ortiz as her manager."
    http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...cyborg-santos/

Funny, Tito is telling her not to make the weight cut and essentially duck her best opponent and potentially biggest money making fight. I guess Ortiz learned from his time spent ducking Chuck Liddell years ago.

I hope this happens and that Rousey either submits or stops her, maybe wins an easy decision. I bet if Cyborg did lose, she'd probably blame it on the weight cut, or at least her management would.

Comment

I didn't think people would actually buy into that crap. Dolce has had high-profile guys miss weight before, AND if she feels that cutting that much weight is bad for her (which it certainly is) then respect that. Why would she even want 135 when it's not a belt she can defend due to the weight cuts? And also, why won't Rousey come up a little, unless she's scared ****less of a healthy Cyborg? She'll only fight her if she's severely drained?
      I have never defended Cyborg before (and I really like Rousey) but the witch hunt seems to be fueled by bias and ignorance.
      Last edited by Redd Foxx; 01-01-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Fine, then let them fight at 140, no title on the line. I'd be cool with that. Rousey fights at 135, Cyborg at 145, so meet in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Fine, then let them fight at 140, no title on the line. I'd be cool with that. Rousey fights at 135, Cyborg at 145, so meet in the middle.
          I absolutely agree.

Comment

Cyborg used to fight at 135. If she stops cycling she can make it again with the proper diet. She's letting Tito talk her out of a UFC career. She'll be remember as a cheater who never took the extra step to restore her credibility/legacy. Stop making excuses for her needle injecting ass....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              Cyborg used to fight at 135. If she stops cycling she can make it again with the proper diet. She's letting Tito talk her out of a UFC career. She'll be remember as a cheater who never took the extra step to restore her credibility/legacy. Stop making excuses for her needle injecting ass....
              And Mayweather used to fight at 130, doesn't mean he can still do it. Santos hasn't made 135 in years and she even missed 145 before.
              Nothing else you said is based in fact. You don't know that she can safely make weight. It's just a cheap move for Dana to promote Rousey by giving her a weakened Cyborg because it's the only $$ fight in women's MMA and because he knows that if he gets this win for Rousey, he can get a lot of money out of her future fights. If there were honest intentions, they would meet at a catchweight but this is all about money. Don't be fooled.

Comment

If this was all about money they would have the fight at Catchweight. It's the biggest WMMA fight you can make. Oh well, Cyroid can fight cans in Invicta for $8000 a pop until she retires....

Comment

Honestly if there was a fight in WMMA that ever deserved a catchweight it is this. Rousey is better than any woman out there right now at 135 and the only person that would give her a challenge really is Cyborg.

She can't make 135 and be 100%, in her last fight she took roids which helped her with weight loss and she still could not make the weight, not even close to it. I think with the right condition/diet she could maybe make 140 but 135 is too much to ask. If Dana wasn't such a ***** he could make it at 140 or 145 but he wants to protect his investment.

Oh and why the **** would you have Tito as your manager? Has anyone heard that douche talk? He can't string a sentence together without messing up and mentioning his injuries. Say goodbye to your career if you let that dumbass manage you.

Comment

Yeah and Dana also claims he tries to listen to the fans and give them what they want. So then, if that's the case, make it a catchweight fight and just make it happen already.

How much money is enough for Dana "The Douchebag" White? Does it ever not become just about making the most amount of money possible for him? How about giving the fans what they want and the integrity of the sport? Or is there no money in that? Or maybe there is, but just not enough to make it worth his and the Fertitas while?

Anyone see that documentary on ESPN on Fighter Pay? How about, instead of blackballing fighters for telling the truth about how they're treated, you man up and learn to take some criticism, guys? How about, instead of suppressing free speech, you address the concerns these guys have and actually do something about them, so that way these guys have nothing to complain about? Yeah I know, I guess it's too much to ask, too much of a fantasy to want business owners to have some ethics and integrity.

Why do all the other organizations people like better have to continually either get beat out or bought out by these douches? Please, someone come along and just hand their asses to them already, whether it be Bellator or someone else.

Comment

Working...
                    X