Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr : who takes it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
    you mean his chin. At this point size doesnt have to do with chin
    Punch resistance is directly connected to how much a guy weighs compared to his opponent. Golovkin won't be able to move Chavez with his shots because of the weight disparity, but I'm pretty sure Golovkin would hurt Jr. real bad to the body.

Also, dehydration will negatively affect a fighter's punch resistance. Chavez will find himself in trouble against Golovkin, plain and simple.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 09-25-2012, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Punch resistance is directly connected to how much a guy weighs compared to his opponent.
      Thank you. I guess some people forgot why we have weightclasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Thank you. I guess some people forgot why we have weightclasses.
        Martinez was probably giving up 13lbs+ to Chavez, and then fans shout when Sergio can't get the knockout. I mean damn, what does a guy have to do to get credit? It's not like Sergio didn't try to stop Chavez. The weight disparity was a notable reason for that, plus other reasons like his bruised/injured hands, and the fact that Chavez barely gave Sergio any opportunities to counter because with his low work-rate.

Martinez and Golovkin come in at similar weights. However, GGG has a more compact build, therefore he would absorb Jr's shots in a way that Sergio could not. Unlike Sergio, Golvokin would have the ability to stand in the middle of the ring and be successful in a phone-booth. His speed/technique would prevail on the inside, and he's strong enough to keep Chavez from getting him on the ropes.

Comment

talk about losing some brain cells.

golovkin is the technician and the harder puncher. we cant say for sure that his chin is on junior's level (junior's chin is tested. the kid has a beard.)

it looks to be very good, but it's not tested like junior's.

golovkin via stoppage. i'd be interested to see what his punches would do to such a large man. jr would have a hell of a time getting out of the way of the threes and fours. we'll see how golovkin likes it to the body, too.

awesome fight for the fans. middleweight gunfight, a la pavlik and miranda.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            talk about losing some brain cells.

golovkin is the technician and the harder puncher. we cant say for sure that his chin is on junior's level (junior's chin is tested. the kid has a beard.)

it looks to be very good, but it's not tested like junior's.

golovkin via stoppage. i'd be interested to see what his punches would do to such a large man. jr would have a hell of a time getting out of the way of the threes and fours. we'll see how golovkin likes it to the body, too.

awesome fight for the fans. middleweight gunfight, a la pavlik and miranda.
            The word "Gunfight" fits this match-up perfectly. Man, I really hope this fight pops off. FOTY candidate

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              Louis vs Carnera @ 160?

Comment

Accidentally voted for Chavez Jr., meant to vote for GGG. Chavez Jr. is too easy to hit and his strength advantage would be negated against Golovkin. He gets smashed and stopped inside of 8 in a barnburner.

Comment

Chavez will body him, GGG comes forward and throws it will be war but chavez will weather GGG and break him down late.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Punch resistance is directly connected to how much a guy weighs compared to his opponent.
                    manny pacquiao?

Comment

double G murks him by the mid rounds

Comment

Working...
                      X