No announcement yet.

Malignaggi refuses to fight Senchenko in Ukraine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with you. If Senchenko doesn't want to come to the States, then Paulie either goes there for the belt, agrees to a neutral site somewhere else or don't fight for it at all.
    Paulie might get robbed there... but it's not like Senchenko isn't going to not get robbed here.
    This is such bull*****. Now fighters cant fight out of the US because they might get robbed, when America has a robbery like every other week?

What makes you think he will get robbed? Who was robbed in Ukraine?

He is the Champ and if Paulie wants the belt, he will go fight there. A neutral location? So 40 people could go see the fight in thailand?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      This is such bull*****. Now fighters cant fight out of the US because they might get robbed, when America has a robbery like every other week?

What makes you think he will get robbed? Who was robbed in Ukraine?

He is the Champ and if Paulie wants the belt, he will go fight there. A neutral location? So 40 people could go see the fight in thailand?
      lololol, don't get mad son... i'm agreeing with you. At the end of the day it's what Senchenko wants, and if Paulie doesn't like it then he can deal with it. I'm just saying if he goes to Ukraine, there's a possibility of it... just like if Senchenko came to the States.

Comment

"I am here waiting, I want this fight, I want his belt,” said Malignaggi
        If you want it then go and get it Paulie, otherwise stfu. Senchenko is not about go to the US to be robbed like Zaveck and Khan amongst others.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          If you want it then go and get it Paulie, otherwise stfu. Senchenko is not about go to the US to be robbed like Zaveck and Khan amongst others.
          Was Zavec robbed? I forgot what the score cards looked like... but that was a pretty bad cut.
          It was caused by a headbutt though... is that what you're talking about?
          I personally had him down 1 round

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
            wow that was quite a racist ignorant bigoted post. thanks
            how is that racist fool...he's talking about dude country not him being white idiot..thats like someone talking about USA, iraq, MEXICO,canada, britain etc STFU

Comment

Who the fuck wants to go to that shit hole anyway?

Comment

Freedom is right in that more people will watch Senchenko in the Ukraine than will in the U.S

And yes, he's probably right that Senchenko will make more money in the Ukraine than the U.S.

The issue though is, Malignaggi has options in the U.S that will pay him well.

So his promoters would prefer that as he is U.S. based.

You send Malignaggi to the Ukraine and he loses in a fight people here don't watch, you'd be selling Malignaggi down the river for one fight,one fight he could very well lose.

The return on investment after that diminishes much more than a well-fought loss on U.S soil, so it's not really hard to understand Paulie's position.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  Was Zavec robbed? I forgot what the score cards looked like... but that was a pretty bad cut.
                  It was caused by a headbutt though... is that what you're talking about?
                  I personally had him down 1 round
                  Yeah, he arrived as the champ and had his belt taken off him by way of headbutt. Kessler suffered the same fate, although it was 4 or 5 unpunished headbutts in his case.

For a European fighter taking on a US boxer in his backyard carries a lot of risk when it comes to officiating. They only reason they fight in the US is for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    Freedom is right in that more people will watch Senchenko in the Ukraine than will in the U.S

And yes, he's probably right that Senchenko will make more money in the Ukraine than the U.S.

The issue though is, Malignaggi has options in the U.S that will pay him well.

So his promoters would prefer that as he is U.S. based.

You send Malignaggi to the Ukraine and he loses in a fight people here don't watch, you'd be selling Malignaggi down the river for one fight,one fight he could very well lose.

The return on investment after that diminishes much more than a well-fought loss on U.S soil, so it's not really hard to understand Paulie's position.
                    Sure but why should Senchenko take the risk but paulie shouldnt?

Senchenko is the champ so fight him on his home soil, but dont biitch about him not coming to you

Comment

I understand both sides, this is why, we need a universally recognized commision and a belt per division!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X