Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan vs. Ortiz - Which Pacquiao Sparring Partner Would Win if The Fought Each Other?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
    I disagree, he showed an amazing chin in not only the Berto fight but the Maidana fight as well. Remember he wasn't KO'd by Maidana, he quit, big difference. I never saw him seriously hurt in that fight either.

I know people will bring up the Maidana fight for the rest of this kids life but to make the assumption that he doesn't like to get hit from 1 fight is stupid.

Ortiz got hit with Berto's best shot and got up to knock him down. He showed great heart and determination and I think the best thing that could have happened to him as a fighter is to have lost to Maidana and drew against Peterson. He learned a lot of lessons those fights and we saw a completely different fighter in him against Berto.

I know people now discredit Bert but the truth is Berto is a good fighter and has a hell of a punch. I don't think many guys get up from that right hand that landed and dropped Ortiz.
    I never rated Berto from day one and have always said his footwork is incredibly poor, thus I felt he lost the Collazo fight who I think is on Hatton's level. Berto looks big, but I also never rated his power since Unrago VS Alexander.

Berto has been fed low level fighters, and I always ****ted on him for big paydays agaisnt no bodies.

I agree Ortiz did very well to get that fight and win it, but what I don't agree with is judging this fight ALONE and basing it as why Khan will lose.

Berto and Khan do not fight like each other.

You have to look at weaknesses of the fighters and see if they still have them. Perhaps Ortiz has learnt to stay up and not give up, but he was hurt by Maidana for sure. He did quit, but he was hurt as well. Not badly, but they were more than flash KD's.

I believe it did him good because he took things seriously. However he showed another type of weakness VS Peterson, one where he had no hugner or the 'Eye of the Tiger'. Peterson was hurt badly, but came back, Ortiz should have KO'd him. Ortiz wasn't even that upset after the decision.

That showed me his mentality, he is not a fighter or winner. By winner, I mean he is not a sore loser, he should have been pissed with a draw. The KD's made it his favour! In many interviews he seems goofy, like a child.

The Berto fight was great to boost Ortiz's career no doubt though. Ortiz would be the favourite at 147, but Khan still can improve and let's see what he has learnt for Judah. Ortiz would have a lot of trouble with Khan's speed, accuracy, jab, and hit and run style. Khan will have trouble with Ortiz's weight, strength, south paw stance and power.

Comment

Tough fight to call if it goes the distance I can’t see how Ortiz could outbox Khan, there is also a possibility that Khan could stop Ortiz. So basically it’s either Ortiz via K.O or Khan via U.D with a possibility of a late stoppage.

At 140 Khan U.D/Late stoppage

At 147 (decent possibility of a K.O win for Ortiz) but id like to see Khan in action at the weight to make a strong prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by ElderlyBeater View Post
        I never rated Berto from day one and have always said his footwork is incredibly poor, thus I felt he lost the Collazo fight who I think is on Hatton's level. Berto looks big, but I also never rated his power since Unrago VS Alexander.

Berto has been fed low level fighters, and I always ****ted on him for big paydays agaisnt no bodies.

I agree Ortiz did very well to get that fight and win it, but what I don't agree with is judging this fight ALONE and basing it as why Khan will lose.

Berto and Khan do not fight like each other.

You have to look at weaknesses of the fighters and see if they still have them. Perhaps Ortiz has learnt to stay up and not give up, but he was hurt by Maidana for sure. He did quit, but he was hurt as well. Not badly, but they were more than flash KD's.

I believe it did him good because he took things seriously. However he showed another type of weakness VS Peterson, one where he had no hugner or the 'Eye of the Tiger'. Peterson was hurt badly, but came back, Ortiz should have KO'd him. Ortiz wasn't even that upset after the decision.

That showed me his mentality, he is not a fighter or winner. By winner, I mean he is not a sore loser, he should have been pissed with a draw. The KD's made it his favour! In many interviews he seems goofy, like a child.

The Berto fight was great to boost Ortiz's career no doubt though. Ortiz would be the favourite at 147, but Khan still can improve and let's see what he has learnt for Judah. Ortiz would have a lot of trouble with Khan's speed, accuracy, jab, and hit and run style. Khan will have trouble with Ortiz's weight, strength, south paw stance and power.
        I think we are on the same page I just feel as though because of his loss to Maidana and his draw vs Peterson, people are making rash judgments on the kid.

Ortiz is still young, he learned a tough lesson with Maidana and Peterson and I feel he came out the better fighter. Remember, he was steam rolling dudes on his way to those fights so Ortiz never knew adversity at all.

Most fighter crumble in the face of it, Ortiz came back in the biggest way against what was then the favorite to beat him in Berto. I know everyone thinks Berto is a bum now but he showed me a lot in that fight.

I also think Ortiz would have some initial trouble with Khans speed and length but it's not like Ortiz isn't fast himself and I think in the end, Ortiz strength and ability to fight on the inside and land that very fast left hand would be the difference.

If they ever fight, I will take Ortiz and we can make a bet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
          I think we are on the same page I just feel as though because of his loss to Maidana and his draw vs Peterson, people are making rash judgments on the kid.

Ortiz is still young, he learned a tough lesson with Maidana and Peterson and I feel he came out the better fighter. Remember, he was steam rolling dudes on his way to those fights so Ortiz never knew adversity at all.

Most fighter crumble in the face of it, Ortiz came back in the biggest way against what was then the favorite to beat him in Berto. I know everyone thinks Berto is a bum now but he showed me a lot in that fight.

I also think Ortiz would have some initial trouble with Khans speed and length but it's not like Ortiz isn't fast himself and I think in the end, Ortiz strength and ability to fight on the inside and land that very fast left hand would be the difference.

If they ever fight, I will take Ortiz and we can make a bet on it.
          I think that Ortiz has grown up a bit, and learned, and also that 147 is his best weight, but I would like to see one more fight VS someone at 147 other than Mayweather.

Well, if he takes the Mayweather lost well, then he can use that experience to face Khan I guess. I would be very surprised if Mayweather lost.

Ortiz's speed is OK, but not no where near Khan's speed IMO. If it is close, then Khan loses, but Khan doesn't stay there like Berto etc... Berto made a mistake, or shall I say was never that good enough to use his footwork to stay out of Ortiz's way.

Hit me a PM if the fight happens!

Comment

Lol at people saying Ortiz displayed a great chin versus Maidana.

He quit obviously because he was hurt and was about to get knocked out. To suggest anything else is completely idiotic. Ortiz even fell to the ground just trying to run away, that's how hurt the dude was.

Ortiz would've been brutally knocked out against Maidana. End of story.

As for the rest, everyone knew he would become stronger at 147, just like Khan will definitely become stronger at 147 too. They were easily two jwws with ww frames, both their chins will be better at 147.

And eventually we will see Khan Ortiz fight, Oscar even said so. Khan and Ortiz have been good friends since the amateurs, but I don't think that will stop either from facing each other.

Khan outboxes Ortiz when it happens IMO.
            Last edited by SpitBalla; 07-06-2011, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Ortiz is to easy to hit..

And Khan can out box him ....

Comment

Ortiz by TKO.

If Maidana just about had a TKO, I think Ortiz would get it. Especially at 147.

Comment

OK so I watched Ortiz and Berto again just to clarify on things.

Berto was simply too slow when it came to who hit who first. Ortiz got off first, Khan is likely to be the one who hits first.

Berto kept coming forward, and his feet barely moved. He has very bad footwork and takes shots full force.

Berto kept staying on the ropes, such a stupid move.

Berto came forward at Ortiz with his hands up, not even throwing anything.

Berto is so different to Khan.

Now we can use Maidana as someone for Khan.

The weakness I saw from Ortiz was how easy he is to hit. Particularly how he is very vulnerable when he more or less lunges forward. He will miss Khan and his force won't be as powerful because Khan ill run.

Comment

Wow! I thought it would be like 50/50 between Ortiz and Khan. Khan is better technically but I figured the responders to this thread might include his weak chin in their equations.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutz View Post
                      Ortiz is to easy to hit..

And Khan can out box him ....
                      I think Khan can Judah Ortiz.

But there continues to be the lingering question about Khan's chin.

Comment

Working...
                      X