No announcement yet.

Hatton Partners With Mayweather Sr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton Partners With Mayweather Sr.

LONDON (Sep. 3) -Former world welterweight champion Ricky Hatton has hired Floyd Mayweather Sr., the father of the man who took his title, as his trainer.
    Mayweather will prepare Hatton for his fight against IBF junior welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi in Las Vegas on Nov. 22.

"At this stage of my career I am not going to change my style too much, but you are never too old to learn," Hatton said Wednesday. "I have spoken with my team and we are all sure that I'll benefit from Floyd's incredible knowledge.
    "The fight against Malignaggi is make or break and I'm convinced this will be the best training camp I have ever had."
    Mayweather Sr. , 55, is the estranged father of Floyd Mayweather Jr., who defeated Hatton for the WBC title in December 2007.
    The elder Mayweather will fly to England later this month to oversee training at Hatton's gym in Ashton-under-Lyne. He will be assisted by Lee Beard.
    Mayweather Sr. steps in for Billy Graham, who parted with Hatton last month after 11 years as his trainer.
    Hatton is 44-1, with 31 KOs. Malignaggi is 25-1 with five knockouts.
    Hatton defended the IBO title on May 24 with a unanimous decision over Juan Lazcano, while Malignaggi won a split decision over Lovemore N'dou on the same card in Manchester, England.

Is he going to instruct Ricky on how to avoid a ringpost? lol #1

Does this mean that Mayweather will actualy travel to England to train this bum? That wouldn't make much business sense for mayweather... Unless it does make business lol

Comment

man hatton gon win anyways with or without him

Comment

even thouh i dont like hatton then hes goin to face pacquiao and mayweather gon face delahoya in a rematch as dlh last fight

Comment

Working...
        X