Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will the Mayweather camp and fans hype up the Ghost?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not even Floyd fans like this fight, but they find ways to hype it up.

Comment

There's nothing to hype up. It is what it is, which is like Pacquiao-Clottey, an elite champ versus a middling contender. It's the epitome of bleh. Can only hope Mayweather looks his age and things get interesting. Would much rather see Canelo in there, even if his resume sucks but, what can you do?

Comment

This is how I see it. If there were currently a mediocre champ at 154 who Floyd could have made easy work of, he would be facing him. I like Guerrero and respect his toughness but what did he really do to get a shot at Floyd? Beat Aydin and Berto who lost 2 of his last 3 fights and who's best win is over Collazo? Guerrero is out of his league here. His only chance is if Floyd's legs are truly gone and he's able to rough him up against the ropes. Aside from that he has .0000001% chance at victory.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          There's nothing to hype up. It is what it is, which is like Pacquiao-Clottey, an elite champ versus a middling contender. It's the epitome of bleh. Can only hope Mayweather looks his age and things get interesting. Would much rather see Canelo in there, even if his resume sucks but, what can you do?
          Well at least Clottey was coming off of beating down Judah and a controversial loss to Cotto. Robert is coming off a win against the ever popular Aydin and Berto who has done nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Thornton Melon View Post
            Well at least Clottey was coming off of beating down Judah and a controversial loss to Cotto. Robert is coming off a win against the ever popular Aydin and Berto who has done nothing.
            Not at least. The consensus prior to the bout, was that Clottey had no chance. And rightfully so. Same here. Clottey isn't a standout win on Pacquiao's resume and Guerrero won't be on Floyd's (unless he goes on to accomplish more). Just an elite champ paired with a contender a level or two below.

Comment

He earned it. I can care less about name recognitian or how much they getting paid as long as its earned. In boxing anything can happen.

Cotto gave Trout chance when so many on this forum said he had no chance and now overnight hes a beast on the "floyd avoiding" lists so i say why cant the ghost do the same

Comment

As I stated Robert is Floyds BEST choice, he comes to fight but the skill level is miles apart! Unless Floyd can hurt him he will be in a fight against a tuff veteran guy who's early opponents were pretty good competition as they both came up the ranks, as good as Floyds if not better!

by the way Robert is an American!! Born in Calif. (I think) but ofcourse boxing fans need the cultural card to get their racists side going hahahaha!!! Ray.

Comment

[QUOTE=Fetta;12867008]He earned it. I can care less about name recognitian or how much they getting paid as long as its earned. In boxing anything can happen.

Cotto gave Trout chance when so many on this forum said he had no chance and now overnight hes a beast on the "floyd avoiding" lists so i say why cant the ghost do the same[/QUOT

How did he earn it? By default b/c there is no one else or because he is Mexican fighting Floyd on Cinco de Mayo?

Comment

[QUOTE=Thornton Melon;12867016]
                    Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    He earned it. I can care less about name recognitian or how much they getting paid as long as its earned. In boxing anything can happen.

Cotto gave Trout chance when so many on this forum said he had no chance and now overnight hes a beast on the "floyd avoiding" lists so i say why cant the ghost do the same[/QUOT

How did he earn it? By default b/c there is no one else or because he is Mexican fighting Floyd on Cinco de Mayo?
                    He earned by beating the WBC 1 contender than beat the crap put of Berto. He is the mandatory and the WBC interim champion and is a 6 time champion in 4 divisions. I can care less if hes mexican or chinese or from mars on cinco de mayo as ling ad its earned and it is earned

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Not at least. The consensus prior to the bout, was that Clottey had no chance. And rightfully so. Same here. Clottey isn't a standout win on Pacquiao's resume and Guerrero won't be on Floyd's (unless he goes on to accomplish more). Just an elite champ paired with a contender a level or two below.
                      Actually Clottey was coming off a loss that most here felt he won. I was at MSG that night watching that fight live and my thoughts were that Clottey was going to get the nod but it could have gone either way.

What made Pac/Clottey interesting was Clottey's muscular frame and obvious size advantage over Pac. If I'm not mistaken, Clottey weight around 170lbs that night. Sure he put up a **** performance but that's not Pac's fault. Clottey said himself that if he opened up he was afraid that he would get caught with something big.

Comment

Working...
                      X