No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Walsh Vows Big Upset: I'm Taking Ricky Burns' Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Walsh Vows Big Upset: I'm Taking Ricky Burns' Crown

Ricky Burns faces another world title challenge from an Englishman after European lightweight champion Liam Walsh was named as his next opponent - with a unification fight against Adrien Broner on offer for the winner.

Scotland's WBO lightweight champion, who was on top form as he stopped Kevin Mitchell in four rounds last month, will face the unbeaten Walsh at London's Excel on December 15.

Promoter Frank Warren has lined up a glamour contest against unbeaten American WBC champion Broner for whoever comes out on top.

Walsh stepped up to lightweight in July when he stopped Domenico Urbano in the eighth round at Upton Park to claim the European belt.
    [Click Here To Read More]

walshy,i like you alot but you aint doin nothing to burns hes levels above

Comment

Ridiculas! Who's Frank Warren trying to kid here & since when did Walsh become European champion? Last I heard Gavin Ree held the title.

Comment

Sure it was like the WBO European title or something daft

Comment

From what i'v seen of Walsh he just comes out throwing wayward punches and getting caught alot landing also though. Burns will take him out early to mid rounds!

Comment

I rate Walsh, but Ricky's a step too far, and I also predict an early-mid rounds stoppage. That said, it's win-win for Walshy; it's a pay-day, great experience, and win or lose, his profile is raised...

Best of luck to the lad.

Comment

If Burns wins this fight like he should, I wonder if he'll actually get the Broner fight.

Comment

Working...
              X