No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yuriorkis Gamboa Moves Forward Without Belts Or JuanMa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yuriorkis Gamboa Moves Forward Without Belts Or JuanMa

By Jake Donovan - From the moment Top Rank signed on two years ago as his co-promoter, Yuriorkis Gamboa was their ideal candidate for the other side of a hoped-for featherweight superfight with Juan Manuel Lopez.

From the moment he topped Jose Rojas for whatever alphabet hardware was made available at the time, Yuriorkis Gamboa sought to take on any featherweight with the belt in hopes of cleaning out the division before moving up and conquering his next weight class.

Fast forward two years later. Lopez suffered a shocking knockout loss earlier this year at the hands of Orlando Salido, thus derailing any plans (rumored or otherwise) for an eventual superfight with the exceptionally talented Cuban export. The sanctioning bodies declared that Gamboa didn’t do his part to follow their rules, thus deciding to remove their belts from around his waist.

As it turned out, Gamboa doesn’t need either to define his greatness. All he needs to do is keep winning, and continue to prove his worth against the best that the sport has to offer – or at least the best among whomever is willing to get in ring with him. [Click Here To Read More]

Gamboa beats De Leon in four rounds or less than bring on the top dogs and he will beat them one by one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
      Gamboa beats De Leon in four rounds or less than bring on the top dogs and he will beat them one by one.
      I'm really interested to see how fast Yuri handles his business. I think he needs to knock Ponce out, and dominate in the process, to keep the buzz going. A UD isn't good enough, IMO. KO in less than four rounds? That would be the ticket!

Comment

I can't wait till this Saturday! Klit - Adamek and Gamboa in action!

Comment

I like Ponce but I expect Gamboa to take care of business in this fight.

Comment

Gamboa still doesnt impress his resume is garbage ponce is the best fighter he has fought to date and gamboa will have problems in the fight juanma will beat gamboa when it happens next year

Comment

Gamboa would smash Lopez. Donaire and Gamboa is a good scrap.

Comment

Juanmita is a bum, he doesn't want any. Juachicken has been running scared of Gamboa and top names through his career then he gets embarassed by one of his cherry picked opponents.. he is a fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                  Gamboa still doesnt impress his resume is garbage ponce is the best fighter he has fought to date and gamboa will have problems in the fight juanma will beat gamboa when it happens next year
                  Gamboa takes a crap on that bum known as Juanma López.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustaine View Post
                    Gamboa takes a crap on that bum known as Juanma López.
                    what do you expect from prboxingcotto the biggest joke on the foum, ask him what ramos is going to do to rigondeaux and you'll laugh at his answer, however he was trashing him before he knew that metrosexual boxer is puerto rican lol

Comment

Working...
                    X