No announcement yet.

Is B-Hop "Da greatest ****in champ of our era"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Syf View Post
    Julian Jackson was pretty old in Roy's prime. If Roy had taken that fight, and dominated him..they would have said as much.

Just for kicks, say Roy in his prime fought a Eubank. And dominated him. That would have made Eubank look worse. And we wouldn't be having the same dialogue now. Eubank would just be another bum that Roy beat with seemingly no effort, no?. Roy beat several undefeated fighters, at least half a dozen of them, including Toney when HE was undefeated...plus he has a lot of underrated victories..like the one over the throwback fighter Castro...

No...If he would have fought and dominated Eubank, Chris would not be looked at as a bum. We don't look at Toney and B-hop as bums and Roy dominated both of them. Matter of a fact, the later are gonna be considered hall of fame fighters when its all said and done.

thats what you wanted back in his prime.. Whether he was going to win or not, in question. Thats what all fans of boxing seem to want of fighters. But roy was so on the next level at that point that that might have been asking the improbable.
    And as far a Julian Jackson...I was refererring to when...Roy won the IBF middleweight title in 93. Julian Jackson was a champ around that time and a big name at 160. Also Julian was only 32-33 and in his prime still. Even leading up to the Toney fight, the boxing world was critizing Roy for his weak resume (due to him being a champ and not facing all the other top guys).

BTW Roy is one of my favorite fighters...but I keep it one hundred and tell it like it is.

Comment

I have to say no. He should of moved up and fought in the smw divison, rather than fighting in the mw division, which was a barren wasteland.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Ekscape View Post
          Maybe he has a very strong case but then at the end of the day it's all opinion... But what B-Hop did to Trinidad, De La Hoya, and Pavlik... Quite amazing
          and tarver after being beat by calzaghe...great win. or was calzaghe first? either way, it was boring and spectacular at the same time.

Comment

B-Hop - Jones Jr, G Johnson, Hoya, Trinidad, Taylor (2x), Wright, Tarver, Calzaghe, Pavlik, dominated middleweight era.

Pacquiao - Barrera (3x), Marquez (2x), Morales (3x), Diaz, Hoya, Hatton, Cotto

Comment

Nard wanted nothing to do with RJ back in 02 and fought many more smaller fighters than Floyd.

Comment

Working...
              X