Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd has brittle hands but is a harder puncher than Pac or Marquez have ever faced??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd has brittle hands but is a harder puncher than Pac or Marquez have ever faced??

I see alot of Floyd fans talking about Floyd's power. And yet talk about his brittle hands 2 sentences later. I dont know about you...but these 2 statements contradict each other in my opinion. Maybe someone can clear this up for me. Thanx.

Floyd has bad hands and has thrown less puches and combos in the latter part of his career. He does have underatted power but I think its his accuracy that hurts foes.

Comment

Honestly most fighters have brittle hands ,you just dont know it because there not featured on 24-7 ,growing up i knew a lot of fighters ,and they were always dealing with broken hands knuckles wrists, its hard on the body being a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
        I see alot of Floyd fans talking about Floyd's power. And yet talk about his brittle hands 2 sentences later. I dont know about you...but these 2 statements contradict each other in my opinion. Maybe someone can clear this up for me. Thanx.
        Just watch any of his fights, he dropped Mitchell with a right hand to the body, dropped Ndou with a triple right hand, dropped Corrales with a double right hand, dropped Bruseles with a right hook to the body, landed the right so many times against Augustus, he had to stop using it, then threw a series of lefts

He has good power but his right hand tends to fcuk up

Comment

Originally posted by markbnlv View Post
          Honestly most fighters have brittle hands ,you just dont know it because there not featured on 24-7 ,growing up i knew a lot of fighters ,and they were always dealing with broken hands knuckles wrists, its hard on the body being a fighter.
          I agree. As far as I am aware..every fighter has fought with a broken hand or wrist at some point in their career. Some more than others. Floyd is no exception. But it seems damn near a physical impossibility to be both a hard puncher, and have brittle hands. You are either 1 or the other.

Paulie Malignaggi has brittle hands because his hand breaks almost every fight he has. As a result....his power suffered, and earned a reputation as a feather fisted fighter.

If you have brittle hands, you cannot put as much force behind your punches...so you power has to suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
            Just watch any of his fights, he dropped Mitchell with a right hand to the body, dropped Ndou with a triple right hand, dropped Corrales with a double right hand, dropped Bruseles with a right hook to the body, landed the right so many times against Augustus, he had to stop using it, then threw a series of lefts

He has good power but his right hand tends to fcuk up
            I've seen a good majority of Floyd's fights. He does suffer a broken hand every so often but I dont feel he's any more prone to it than any other fighter with a history of hand problems to suggest his hand being brittle.

Floyd is no Paulie Malignaggi. Now that's a brittlehanded fighter.

Comment

I agree. As far as I am aware..every fighter has fought with a broken hand or wrist at some point in their career. Some more than others. Floyd is no exception. But it seems damn near a physical impossibility to be both a hard puncher, and have brittle hands. You are either 1 or the other.

Paulie Malignaggi has brittle hands because his hand breaks almost every fight he has. As a result....his power suffered, and earned a reputation as a feather fisted fighter.

If you have brittle hands, you cannot put as much force behind your punches...so you power has to suffer.

Mayweather can still hit really hard, it isn't THAT big of a deal, happens around the middle to late rounds. He still has a left hook, when he couldn't use the right against Augustus, he landed a bunch of lefts and ended it there

Comment

Floyd hits like a featherweight. Thats why some people say he is featherfisted. No fuking way floyd hits harder than marquez especially on pac.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHookDonaire View Post
                  Floyd hits like a featherweight. Thats why some people say he is featherfisted. No fuking way floyd hits harder than marquez especially on pac.
                  I dont know about that. Floyd likes to potshot while moving...but when he actually puts weight behind his punches he has decent power. I just dont agree with the saying that he has brittle hands because i dont see it.

Comment

floyd punches hard against anyone under 147 lbs

Comment

Working...
                    X