Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Vacating The WBC Title, Heading Up To 126

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mares vs santa cruz would've been a good fight @122. He could've defended against terrazas and then fought santa cruz IF he beat moreno.

Comment

This is exactly what I was going to suggest he should do. Nothing else in the form of big fights at 122 for him.

Comment

People really shouldn't take this as meaning the Donaire fight will never happen. Donaire's been talking about moving up soon as well, and after Rigondeaux, win or lose, there's not really anything else at 122 now.

Top Rank vs. Golden Boy will almost certainly keep getting in the way, but the weight isn't exactly an obstacle.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
          damn mares is getting ****t&&d on for trying to look out for his career this is a smart move imo if can handle the weight.

122 has nothing but 2 fighters that wont fight him so he goes up to 126 were at least hopefully some guys with a name will man the fu up.
          well he's not getting mikey garcia who is the #1 guy at 126....why not at least just defend against terrazas (his mandatory) and say you fought someone ranked at 122 before moving to 126? why the rush to 126 where 1) he will be too small 2) he still won't get a shot at the #1 guy because he's with top rank...

Comment

donaire is going to 126 after rigo. mares will be there waiting with a title. it's a good move.

Comment

hell , even a darchinyan rematch is acceptable for mares right now given their fight was highly controversial and vic is still a relevant name at 122

Comment

Originally posted by migaledut
                mares vs santa cruz would've been a good fight @122. He could've defended against terrazas and then fought santa cruz IF he beat moreno.
                No cause then people would criticize again that Santa Cruz isn't a 122 lber.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by Russian Crushin

It was very good. Mares never fought anyone at 122 and the best fighters at 126 are TR or Chris John

Just shows the BS GBP and WBC has going when you become a champ at 122 while never fighting a 122 fighter

i don't understand why you're getting any hate at all for saying this since it's the truth...name one guy mares beat that was ranked top 10 at super bantam at the time? moreno was a good win, but the problem is moreno was not even ranked at super bantamweight. so what was the point of mares even moving up to 122 if he wasn't going to fight anyone ranked at 122? why didn't he just stay at 118 and defend his belt against guys like santa cruz or moreno? people are ****ting on donaire for fighting guys ranked in the top ten, but give mares a pass for fighting guys who aren't even ranked in the division and now he's moving up to 126. why not just fight and beat terrazas so at least he can say he beat someone ranked in the top ten of the division before moving to 126?
                  Why didn't Donaire fight him and lied that a contract wasn't sent? Donaire fans have no room to criticize Mares mah dude.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by MakeItRain View Post
                    So it's like. I'm moving to 126, but before that let's try to get a Donaire fight (even though it'll likey not materialize because of promotional issues) so my fans won't think I ducking him. Yes! they turned it down, now Im going to tweet that he didn't want to fight me. That's the way I see it. I'm sure Mares is willing to fight but, it'll likey not happen for obvious reasons.
                    What a tool, he already said he knows Donaire is not afraid of him, he just wanted that fight so bad, thats all!!:****block

Comment

People trying to take away from Mares. SMH. he'll prove the doubters wrong like he always does.

Comment

Working...
                      X