No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lee Beard Lifts The Lid on Ricky Hatton’s Last Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lee Beard Lifts The Lid on Ricky Hatton’s Last Camp

News of Ricky Hatton’s comeback surprised few people, especially those who had seen the photos of a svelte Hatton that “The Hitman” posted on his Twitter account in the weeks leading up to the announcement. No, the question that has burned in most minds since he made the decision is why the former world light-welterweight and WBA welterweight champion has opted to return after three-years of living the high life. Is it money, the love of fame, was it born out of a need to exercise his body, or a burning desire to exorcise the memories of his last fight, a brutal second-round KO loss to Manny Pacquiao? Only Hatton, 45-2 (32), can answer the questions, but there is one person who feels he understands why the Mancunian is returning to the ring, and it has more to do with the circumstances surrounding the loss to Pacquiao than the defeat itself.

[Click Here To Read More]

good read and all, but really didn't Lift the lid" on anything. . didn't tell us anything we didn't already know about Pacquaio camp. . .

Comment

hate when people say "This happened, but I can't get into it. . . " Don't say anything at f-ing all then. . Don't raise curiosity, and then not deliver. . .

Seriously, what did he actually tell us happened? Aside from that there was ego clashes with Floyd Sr., Hatton, and other members of his camp?

Lol. . A long ass article, that was a fairly good read, but absolutely no substance - just all generalized comments describing the situation as we already knew it.

EXTREMELY misleading title ". . . lifts the lid. . ." More like, told us that he was going to lift the lid, or that he knew what was under the lid, but never actually "lifted the lid."

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
        hate when people say "This happened, but I can't get into it. . . " Don't say anything at f-ing all then. . Don't raise curiosity, and then not deliver. . .

Seriously, what did he actually tell us happened? Aside from that there was ego clashes with Floyd Sr., Hatton, and other members of his camp?

Lol. . A long ass article, that was a fairly good read, but absolutely no substance - just all generalized comments describing the situation as we already knew it.

EXTREMELY misleading title ". . . lifts the lid. . ." More like, told us that he was going to lift the lid, or that he knew what was under the lid, but never actually "lifted the lid."
        Yeah I hate that as well.

'His knowledge and understanding of the sport is absolutely fascinating, but I don't have a single example I can give you to illuminate that fact'.

Comment

Didn't really lift the lid though did he?

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post

he said plenty of things i didnt know about before, maybe its been brought to light earlier and i missed it but i found it interesting. like him having to calm sr down for hours bcuz hattons team screwed him over, didnt know that. didnt know he knew sr for years either, i thought beard and sr met through hatton. also didnt know it was such an issue with non boxing ppl in hattons ear giving him poor advice and trying to interfer with the training, that stuff happoens to a certain degree in most camps but i didnt know it was a huge issue. those are just a few examples.

i thought it was a great article. as for him not saying certain things its not like hes holding out for fun, he could get sued for sharing certain information and burn alot of bridges in the sport. cant be mad at him for not opening up on everything and quite frankly you cant be suprised either. ofcourse hes not gonna throw ppl in front of the bus and harm his own career, but he still gave some new insight to the camp. no reason to complain.

Comment

I wrote this interview, guys, so thanks for the reads and comments. It isn't a press release, or a bit of thoughtless spam churned out to secure hits, as you see on some sites, but it does leave spaces between the lines and invite a bit of thought as some things are left unsaid. You can't always lead people by the nose, so I'm unapologetic to those who are still confused. I followed the pre-fight and post-fight Hatton-Manny stuff closely and feel Beard answered some lingering questions and provided an insight. If a few of you don't feel the same then it is cool by me. This type of interview is rare as we generally spell it all out, warts and all.

Enjoy the fight tonight, if you're watching it or going to it, and cheers for the reads.

PS Enjoy the Berto fight an' all!

Comment

These are all excuses. Even though Hatton was in the greatest shape of his life, he won't have won against Pacquiao. Pacquiao was too much for him on that night. I would say, Hatton is not on or near Pacquiao's league.

Comment

The thing I most wanted to know was.Did he train Hatton for a second time after Floyd Snr finished his sessions like Snr claimed and did he feel that was why Hatton claims he was overtrained.

Comment

Good interview, I had always believed what I read that Mayweather couldn't be bothered to give Ricky his full attention because he was afraid he would lose, so he detached himself. Sounds like there were a lot of other factors in play.

I don't think he could beat Pacquiao, but no champion of Ricky's stature should have gone out like that. I've been saying for years Ricky should have had a Malignaggi rematch in Manchester and retire with dignity, hopefully it will happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X