Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Prime RJJ the only one who could ever beat Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to compare then the class is 160 to 175! Not this "junior class crap"!! lets see ............ever???

Ezzard Charles
    Archie Moore
    Gene Tunney
    Mike Spinks
    Sugar Ray Robinson
    LaMotta
    Evander Holyfeild
    Jose Torres
    Billy Conn
    Hagler
    Monzoon
    Tiger
    Bivins
    Pastrano
    Burley..............................enough? I have more!
    ..............I like Ward, good enough fighter, not a big punch but a thinking mans boxer! He is NOT a great fighter, the book is not closed but I don't see methods or techniques that vault him above the middles to lthvys in boxings history. Actually he's need his very best to come close to winning over any of the men above! He's no biiger than a middleweight in height and reach and beating a light hitting ltHvy like Dawson is not that big of a deal. Dawson was dumb enough to train his weight down so thats on him. Again another very good fighter whose considered a "great" fighter. Ridiculous! These days being very good is a pretty damn good accomplishment! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      If you want to compare then the class is 160 to 175! Not this "junior class crap"!! lets see ............ever???

Ezzard Charles
      Archie Moore
      Gene Tunney
      Mike Spinks
      Sugar Ray Robinson
      LaMotta
      Evander Holyfeild
      Jose Torres
      Billy Conn
      Hagler
      Monzoon
      Tiger
      Bivins
      Pastrano
      Burley..............................enough? I have more!
      ..............I like Ward, good enough fighter, not a big punch but a thinking mans boxer! He is NOT a great fighter, the book is not closed but I don't see methods or techniques that vault him above the middles to lthvys in boxings history. Actually he's need his very best to come close to winning over any of the men above! He's no biiger than a middleweight in height and reach and beating a light hitting ltHvy like Dawson is not that big of a deal. Dawson was dumb enough to train his weight down so thats on him. Again another very good fighter whose considered a "great" fighter. Ridiculous! These days being very good is a pretty damn good accomplishment! Ray.
      Don't forget Hearns.

Comment

Calzaghee would defeat Ward. There is nothing you can do to offset that amazing work rate. Non-stop punches, not chance to breathe. And its not like Ward has any power to turn the fight around. Dawson doesn't count cause history is littered with examples of fighters with good chins who lost weight and were stopped.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr, Joe Calzaghe, James Toney, Tommy Hearns and Bernard Hopkins.

Ward is an amazing fighter, we are lucky to witness someone with that level of skill combined with many other facets extremely polished. I think the fighters he is fighting currently are pretty good but not ATG material in the weight class. Pretty good fighters just not up there with the greats, Ward can only beat whats in front of him so can't really hate on him tbh. Seems like a humble, nice guy as well, likeable as opposed to Floyd who has all the skill in the world but still acts like a 16 year old brat.

Comment

hagler could ko him
            hopkins is the father to his style
            rjj beats him
            toney has a shot for sure. he had an awesome inside game.

Comment

Toney would mol3st ward if he was in his prime, just too big, too strong, too smart.

Hopkins would would outsmart him as well.

Comment

Working...
              X